Galdius's Collection

Discussion in 'Member Game Collections' started by Galdius, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

It's a shame about Smash but I'm happy that I found this bundle here in Brazil.
    About the WiiU fullset, it's just a matter of time. I already have the heavy hitters and I'm missing 29 games but I have 7 on the way. I think I will be able to finish it in January or February.

The PVM is awesome. I'm really liking it. I spent some time now playing Might Final Fight on it and it's great.
    Now I want to buy Time Crisis 2 to play on it with the Guncon.

2. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

A few more games.
    I'm missing 22 games for the WiiU fullset but I already have 2 on their way.

[​IMG]

3. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Two more WiiU games, Forza 7 from Black Friday, Furi and Salt and Sanctuary from LRG, the tectoy version of NBA Live 97 (the one I played when I was young on the SNES but I didn't find the brazilian version for the SNES yet so this one will do) and Time Crisis 2 with the GunCon 2 (I wanted to play it for a long time but I didn't have a CRT until a few weeks ago when I got my PVM):

[​IMG]

4. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Today has been an amazing day.

I will start with a general picture of everything I got and then I will post detailed pictures.

One of the biggest collectors in Brazil decided to sell his collection and I had to get a few pieces that I really wanted for my collection.

This is what I got:

[​IMG]

The AES games, all complete:

[​IMG]

Game Gear Coca Cola Edition complete:

[​IMG]

64DD Randnet Starter Kit and games:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

thedarkpersian, Tchoin and Borman like this.
  5. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

Nice! Parabens!

That Coca Cola GG looks so sweet!

Will you be hunting for the more elusive 64DD titles (Doshin 2, Golf) ?

6. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Thanks Tchoin!

This is my first Game Gear. I had never even touched one before buying this one.
    It's in such good condition that sometimes I don't even want to play haha.

I would love to add those titles to the collection but I don't have any plans right now.
    In fact, I wasn't planning on buying the 64DD until I visited this collector and saw it in person.
    I went there to pick up the Game Gear and Garou and came back with a lot more.
    If I find them for a price that I'm willing to pay, I will definitely buy them but I'm not going to actively look for them.

Tchoin likes this.
  7. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

I got more Gameboy games (reached the 100 mark for it) and my brother gifted me Dragon Quest XI for Christmas:

[​IMG]

And I also got a PC-Engine Duo-R and a lot of games for Christmas.
    This is my second time owning a PC-E. The first time I didn't like it that much and ended up selling it.
    I never regretted it but now I have a lot more games and I think it will click this time.
    The PC-E is in amazing condition and so are the games.
    I'm really happy to have Rondo of Blood and Ninja Gaiden.
    And I have also passed the 2300 mark on my games collection.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

My last pick up post of 2018.
    December has been an amazing month. I never expected to get so many amazing games in one month.
    Today hasn't been different.
    I bought a few more things from the brazilian collector who is selling his collection.

I was almost leaving his house when I saw and decided to pick the Final Fantasy XI bundle. The game and the HDD are sealed. He bought it at launch and never played.
    [​IMG]

I also got some PC Engine games from him:
    [​IMG]

And some more AES goodness: Super Sidekicks 3 (missing the manual), King of Fighters 2001 and 2002 (now I'm missing only KOF 2003 to have the entire KOF AES set) and Last Blade 1 and 2 (I'm specially interested in playing the second one since I read a lot of great things about it):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

I have a lot of new stuff for the collection.
    Will start this post with two games that I bought during December and only arrived on the first week of 2019.
    [​IMG]

Today I got back from a trip to Orlando and brought those games with me (minus the Smash GC controller that I bought in Brazil):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm missing just 2 WiiU games to finish the fullset and one of them I already bought online and now I have to wait for it to arrive. The last one I will buy sometime during the next 2 weeks.

10. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

January is almost at its end but I have a new post.

First, a few weeks ago my copy of Onimusha for the Switch arrived:
    [​IMG]

I also got Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 on the last few days:
    [​IMG]

And I think more importantly, my last 2 WiiU games arrived yesterday: Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 and New Super Mario Bros U + New Super Luigi U. I left the Mario bundle for last because New Super Mario Bros U was my first WiiU game and I thought it would be a nice touch for this bundle to be the last game on the set.
    [​IMG]

Here it is: all 163 NTSC games released for the console.
    [​IMG]

11. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I have a question: not to belittle your interests or anything, but why collect a fullset for the Wii U? It seems to me like there are a pretty large number of pretty awful games for it. What's the point of owning those? It looks like you have 7 or 8 Just Dance games. Are you actually going to play all of those?

For that matter, I don't understand the point of owning fullsets of any system, except maybe ones that have a very small library. Almost any system with more than a handful of games has a certain percentage of absolute garbage games. Personally, I don't keep any game that I deem to be garbage unless there's at least some specific thing I like about it. More importantly, I don't ever keep a game if I'm absolutely sure I'll never play it. What's your view about that? Would you keep a game if you're positive you won't ever play it?

12. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Your point of view is very common and to answer your questions I think it would be best if I told a bit of my story as a collector.
    I started to collect a bit more than 10 years ago and during the first few years (2008-2011) I had less money to spend on the collection and so I wanted to buy the games and consoles from my childhood. Around 2011-2012 I already had a good number of games and started to go after more consoles that I had never played.

2012 was the year that I decided to go after my fullset: the north american CIB Virtual Boy fullset.
    I decided to go for it since I already owned a CIB copy of Mario Tennis and the set was small. Only Waterworld and Jack Bros would be difficult and expensive to get. Luckily, during that time the dollar was cheap for us brazilians and so it was a lot easier to buy things from abroad. After I completed this set I was really happy and excited to try and go for a bigger one but I wanted to go for a set for a console that meant something to me.

The one that I chose was the Nintendo 64 and it took a few years to complete it but it was a great experience. I was able to get the heavy hitters for a good price and a bit before they exploded in price. I remember paying US$125 for a loose Sculptor's Cut for example. On this fullset there was 297 games and a lot of them aren't good games but it's nice to be able to play any game that I want even if just for a couple minutes.

I know there are games on all fullset that I did and will do that I'll never play and I'm ok with it. Part of why I collect is to be able to play whatever I want when I want and the other part is because I like the collecting process and looking at my collection. My father collect miniatures bottles of drinks and he never opened one of these miniatures (he owns more than 12000). Since I was a child I'm used to seing a collection that never opening it so I don't mind having sealed games or even having used games that I know I won't play.

As for the reason I chose to get the WiiU fullset is a simple one. When I saw the list of games and how many there are, I also noticed that I was almost at the 40% mark and I decided to just go for it since the prices are relatively low. And as the N64 fullset, I know I won't play them all and some are even going to be keep sealed.

AntDRAG likes this.
  13. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

A few more games for the collection:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

AntDRAG likes this.
  14. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Got a few Saturn and AES games from a friend and I've passed the 2400 games on my collection.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

Got a few more games. West of Loathing and the Vita games are from LRG.
    I bought The Sims 2 for the DS after reading a thread on ResetEra saying very good things about it and then I found it for around US$10.
    Dragon Ball Origins 1 I got from my brother. Payed almost nothing for it.
    The other 3 DS games were a lot that I found for around US$ 20 and just couldn't pass the chance to getting it for Dragon Ball Origins 2.

[​IMG]

Vosse likes this.
  16. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

This week was a good one for my AES collection.
    I bought Fatal Fury on MercadoLivre and it arrived during the week and today I bought all the rest from the same collector that I had already bought some stuff since last year.
    Sadly, Art of Fighting 3, Sengoku 2 and Kizuna don't have manuals.
    Sengoku 1 and 2 are US versions, the rest are japanese versions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

A few weeks ago I got those games:

[​IMG]

And then this week I decided to buy The King of Fighters 2003 for the Neo Geo AES.
    I was going to buy it on ebay but then I decided to check if any collectors here in Brazil were willing to sell their copy.
    The first one I contacted didn't have the game.
    The second one had it and agreed to sell it for the same price as the one I wanted to buy on ebay.
    It was a quick and smooth negotiation and in 30 to 40 minutes the deal was done.
    The game arrived yesterday and I'm extremely happy with it.
    Now I have the entire KOF set on the AES. All of them are CIB.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

thedarkpersian likes this.
  18. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

This week I got Sengoku 3 for the AES and completed this set for this series:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

This month I decided to not buy any AES games and focus a bit on other consoles that I wanted to get some specific games.
    I first bought Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and the sealed Gameboy color games. A couple days later I found the Pokemon GC games for a really good price and couldn't say no since I wanted them for some time now.
    I also received a lot of LRG games, including Axiom Verge for the WiiU and now my WiiU set is complete again.

[​IMG]

20. Galdius

Galdius Intrepid Member

This probably will be my last collection post here but it's a nice one:

[​IMG]

Tchoin and pool7 like this.