FZ-35S System/Boot files

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by WindowsKiller, Oct 16, 2006.

1. WindowsKiller

WindowsKiller Rapidly Rising Member

I thought I make them available so that everyone who's interested can play around with them. These are the system files required to create bootable discs for the FZ-35S (may work for the FZ-21S as well), including the required layout files for the sdk, which I created myself. Note, however, that these files are quite useless unless you know exactly what to do with them, and how. ;-)

http://gtw3do.retro-net.de/misc/FZ35_System_Files.rar

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  2. jwhazel

jwhazel Robust Member

Awesome, thanks. 2 questions. I'm assuming you need to make whatever it is your booting into operafs

1.) Does the sdk come with a tool to make opfs?
    2.) Do you think you'll release the tool you wrote to make opfs?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  3. jwhazel

jwhazel Robust Member

Can the FZ-35 boot from cd-rw?

4. pitsunami

pitsunami 3DO maniac

well any luck booting a game at the fz35? im pretty anxious to see a game on it!!

5. jwhazel

jwhazel Robust Member

What does the structure of a bootable disc look like? Is it something like

mount/cdrom/system.m2/ and mount/cdrom/executable
    or maybe
    mount/cdrom/system.m2/executable
    ??

Is the system.m2 *required* to boot, or is only required if you're using folios? Am I correct in thinking that the m2 uses ELF's?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  6. cdoty

cdoty Gutsy Member

Does this work on the FZ-35?

7. jwhazel

jwhazel Robust Member

Wow thanks.

So I guess my picture of how opera is supposed to work is not correct. I thought portfolio was stored in the rom. Where does it actually reside? The rest of the process makes sense, as I can see if the systemstartup script where it goes about mounting the drive.

I guess my original question about the executable was rather vague. If I have launchme.m2 Can I just drop it alongside the system.m2 directory or do I have to actually put it *in* the system.m2 directory? Or maybe a better way to phrase is what is the relative path to launchme.m2, would it be "d:\launchme.m2" (if we were to look at it ms-dos style)? Also, can I infer from your post that filenames are case sensitive?

Do you know how drivers were supposed to interfaced for programming? I understand that things were accessed through portfolio, but like with the hard drive. Did 3do include an api for accessing it in the m2 dev kit?

8. cdoty

cdoty Gutsy Member