FS: Stadium Events NES NTSC Repros

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by derekb, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

per marketplace rules, this is a REPRODUCTION run using EEPROMs

$20 shipped within the US, no purchase limits as I can build them as needed.

$20 covers - Donor ($4) EPROMs ($2) Shipping ($5) and time related to production. I recreated the label at 400dpi, see it below in slightly blurry cellphone cam vision

[​IMG]

- Mod Edit-
    Topic closed & Rules will be amend soon to not allow the sale of repro that are not marked as such on the product.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  2. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Where did you mark it as a repro? Is there anything on the label I'm missing?

3. nesworld

nesworld Gutsy Member

that's horrible.... no thanks! :-(

4. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

This...

Unless you change the label so that one can clearly see it is a reproduction, this is the perfect item for scammers...

5. Mathias

Mathias Rising Member

Shouldn't it's EEPROMS clearly show it's a repro? Anybody actually willing to pay the full retail price for an original cart has to be savvy enough to check the board.

6. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

But maybe the scammer wouldn't sell it for 40,000 but for 1,000. Chances are good the potential buyer just takes the risk....

If this repro does not have any indication of its origin on it I'd consider this the worst thing you could do to the collectors scene - and I'd be strictly against allowing the sale of it particularly in this forum.

7. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

I am totally fine with repros, in my opinion it is a very good way to have access to many games you won't necessarily own someday because of price, rarity or because there is only few prototypes around.

But when a repro has the exact same label as the retail game, that's when it gets out of control. I mean sure you can check the motherboard but is that enough...? How about if you come across an auction of that item without knowing it is a repro and on top of that the price looks pretty decent (I mean compared to the going rate), what would you do if the seller doesn't want to give you a picture of the motherboard...? Are you going to pass the opportunity...? Are you going to take the risk...?

As a collector myself, I would most likely not take the risk because I have been collecting since a very long time and therefore I know that there are a lot of scammers around with that type of NES items (SE, NWC etc...), but how about someone new in the hobby or some "noob" that heard about the game and wants to make a big score?

8. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

I don't think repros are bad if they are marked as such, i.e. if he had exchanged the "1987 Bandai" to "2012 Bandai", or maybe if the Nintendo-Logo would spell "REPRO" instead. But this is nothing but a fake that ruins the collector's market. There's still no response to my question whether or not there is any indication on the label pointing to it, and I guess there is not. Therefore what is being offered here is something that could make things very difficult for NES collectors in the future and my opinion is that the sale of this stuff should not be allowed here. It's unfortunate enough that there are assholes on ebay who sell fake SNES/NES boxes (or even seals) of expensive games as the real deal. We don't need to encourage this misbehavior here as well.

But as said, I don't have anything against it if there's a CLEAR INDICATION on the label of what it really is.

9. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Change the label....

10. Mathias

Mathias Rising Member

Perhaps he could imprint something like "Reproduction by XXXXXXX" in plastic on the cart and board like many repro manufacturers do that I've seen (retrousb being an example I've encountered recently).

11. subbie

subbie Guardian of the Forum

This seems like poor taste from the get go. Really sad to see out of long time member.

12. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

If only it were Snatcher for Sega CD of similar price/quality...

13. kiff

kiff <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

This is terrible!

Maybe the rules on the forum should be amended slightly to read - 'must be MARKED as repro' instead of 'must be stated as repro'.

I am not against reproductions but they have to be clearly marked as such. A batch of SMS titles were put into reproduction some years back over at the smspower forums and they were excellent and tactful.

14. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

To be fair, I read the rules as you need to mention in the auction its a repro - NOT that the cart is labelled as a repro.

So far as my understanding went (and same as kiff it would seem) - this should be fine.

Id agree on a rule change/clarification.

15. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Many valid points in this thread. It wouldn't be so bad if the game was only worth a small price, but when this game gets sold in the five figures range it's a disaster waiting to happen. I agree on the rule change, the potential for scamming with this sort of thing is too great.

16. Shinebi

Shinebi Dauntless Member

Just wondering... isn't that the serial number in the right bottom corner beneath the Nintendo logo?
    EDIT: or is it the product identification number?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  17. DreamTR

DreamTR Enthusiastic Member

Just for argument's sake, the font on the logo is not correct but yes, a rule change needs to happen..

18. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

Retrozone sells a repro of a first party Nintendo release from 2010 (the Donkey Kong wii vc release), anyone gonna go pitchfork them?

19. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

Don't their games come in colorful clear plastic shells? That would certainly let people know that it's a repo and make the game look nicer to boot. But that's my opinion.

20. kiff

kiff <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Also, they don't sell via these forums!

Nobody is pitchforking you either but your reproduction carts could be (attempted) to be passed off as original and that could create a lot of issues. I don't think the forum wants to be associated with such items.

This is my personal opinion of course...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.