For any xmugen users

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by problemchild, Aug 30, 2008.

1. problemchild

problemchild Member

If anyone would be interested I thought I would post some of my Xmugen setups here, if not the mods can delete this topic. I am posting this for anyone interested are wants to play xmugen and has a modded xbox. It contains no ms code an shouldn't violate any rules.

To check how xmugen plays on xbox check out some of my vids at www.youtube.com/problemchild629

http://www.filefactory.com/f/d61fe17c5d6eabe5/

This is for xmugen users (mugen on xbox). A lot of people have had a lot of problems getting screen packs, characters, stages, etc. to work so this is for them. Everything is already configured all you will have to do is install them on the proper drives.

In my folder there are 11 Xmugen files, you will need to download all 11 to extract. Once you have all 11 and extracted them and then FTP the Xmugen folder to F\Games and you are done.
    In the Xmugen folder are
    Brokenmugen (Full Game with chars,stages,sounds)
    DC vs. Marvel screen pack
    DC vs. Marvel screen pack (more slots)
    Heroes vs. Villains screen pack
    Mortal Kombat Anthology modified screen pack (with mkp 4.4 extras)

Lots of Stages and sounds

This is optional but if you like Mortal Kombat Anthology and Mortal Kombat Project 4.4 you can download all 3 parts of MKA4.4 for characters converted for the Mortal Kombat Anthology modified screenpack. Put all characters in the chars folder and not the broken folder that is for the broken mugen full game. In MKP 4.4 the characters could do the Fujin Friendship, Sokram Lives Fatality, Blaze Mode, Summon Blaze, etc. Well I put all those extras in the MKA screen pack, and converted all the characters from MKA to do the extras.

If you already have those characters and don’t want to download them you can do it yourself. You can copy the extra codes from the top of 4.4’s common1.cns file and paste at the top of MKA’s common1.cns file. Then you can use 4.4’s fighfx.air and fight.sff and put them in MKA.

Then all you have to do is edit each character just like you did for 4.4. BUT I highly suggest you download mine because they are already edited and it might save you a lot of time.

For my AMOC setup download all 4 parts and put this Xmugen folder in F\Emulators . You can have both of these Xmugen setups on your xbox at the same time if you want since this is on F\Emulators and the other is on F\Games. I personally use both at the same time.
    Here is what is in this setup - No characters at all
    AlphaXmugen screenpack
    Capcom AllStars screen pack
    CFEM screenpack
    CVS2 screenpack
    Duracelleur screenpack
    EVE screenpack
    KFM screenpack
    Kurumin screenpack
    MKP 4.3 screenpack
    Marvel Super Heroes screenpack
    Mugen Fighting Jam screenpack
    MVC2 screen pack
    SF3 screenpack
    SF vs. MK screen pack (slightly modified)
    SFZ3 screenpack
    Slim EVE screenpack
    Xmen COTA screen pack

DO NOT Forget to download the updated Config file. Open the Xmugen folder that came in AMOC and replace it with this new one.

Lots of sounds
    I also uploaded the latest Xmugen Renamer for lower casing everything and Stage Viewer to check out stages before you put them on.

2. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

Hi, I dont use XMugen but i have been playing a lot of MKP 4.4 lately on my PC, Ive tried to download MK: Anthology, but everytime i end up with a corrupted download of another download of 4.4. I was wondering if you could maybe send me just the MK: anthology folder ( or upload it and post a link). Thanks in advance.

EDIT: On another note, do you know if theres a way to get Mortal Kombat Project 5.0? The website says its not available yet, but ive seen a lot of videos on youtube and such for MKP 5.0.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. problemchild

problemchild Member

I have the MKA characters seperate from the setup now if you want to download it.

As far as MKP 5.0 I just have the beta or alpha version that came with about 5 or 6 characters. MKP 5.0 hasn't been released yet but is supposed to be the best version when it comes out.

4. Null2009

Null2009 Spirited Member

hi all!

i wish some one would release the source code so some one couldrelease a STAND alone player so we all would NOT have to use linux ^^

5. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

Thanks a lot bro, will download when i get home from work.