FM TOWNS SCSI CD ROM - HELP NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu FM-7, Towns and Marty' started by Uroko Sakanabito, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Uroko Sakanabito

Uroko Sakanabito Spirited Member

Hi guys, i am messing around with FM TOWNS SCSI CD Rom and i may be further than anyone else ever was;

My System boots SCSI CD Roms and i can lanch Bubble Bobble, Street Fighter, Loom, Ku2++ and Prince of Persia from SCSI CD. I also can play Music CDs in Towns OS.

I tried different settings with Dos 3.1 and 6.2 but now i am stucked !
    No Ving Game aside from Bubble Bobble will boot, i can list the Splatterhouse files in TOS and even boot lower TOS from the CD but then when i click SH.EXP it hangs. Same for Raiden!

My current idea is to edit the ISOs and fix this issues but i have no clue where to start?
    The ROM Loader TBIOS.SYS also looks important and for BB i have to preload VINGBIOS.SYS. For SH it makes no difference what kind of Bios is loaded, it still hangs.

Please let us solve this problem, my internal drive is dead and all others will follow soon :)

DeChief and GoodTofuFriday like this.
  2. Uroko Sakanabito

PS; I used CDSD.SYS created with ASM for my TEAC SCSI CD and CDISC2.SYS to set letter Q as CD Drive. My Hard Drive is D: to avoid problems with C: / ROM
    CDSDMINI.SYS also worked but my CDSD.SYS works better for me

3. Uroko Sakanabito

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    DeChief likes this.
  4. Uroko Sakanabito

Games running so far;
    Bubble Bobble
    Loom (i think all LA games)
    Street Fighter
    Ku2++
    Prince of Persia
    Alltynex (Rumstorm Rumruder should also work fine)

5. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

Ultra quad post master. We are not worthy.

Uroko Sakanabito likes this.
  6. Uroko Sakanabito

Sorry, still some hope left that someone can contribute to this :)

Digmac likes this.
  7. Uroko Sakanabito

ME again :-(
    Most of my games (aside from Ving stuff & Raiden) run now.

Latest TOS based on latest DOS does the job. I still believe that there have to be cracks or patches somewhere to run these games straight from HDD or SCSI CD. Without jp language skillz i am stuck, translated most of the pages allready with GT... no luck. Only thing i can do now is checking all Free Software Collections for Dos or TOS tools.

I woud be happy with any other information you can give me!

8. Uroko Sakanabito

War Update 1.000.298;
    Left side works via SCSI right side does not work.

I also have the Raiden title screen and Rayxanber music but then both games crash. Have to invest those further.

Attached Files:

9. caius

caius Rising Member

Hi, I messed around this some years ago and tried and tried but with luck only on some games like in your case.For example, I was not able to run Splatterhouse and Tatsujin Oh.I think there is no way to run these games from a SCSI CD-ROM.Also assigning 'Q :'letter to external SCSI CD-ROM is useless, some games expects the built-in CD-ROM unit.Indeed, if you launch the main executable, let's say, of Splatterhouse (or Tatsujin Oh) from DOS with the disc inserted in the built-in CD-ROM, it works.I tried also to modify the game .EXP file executable with no luck from SCSI CD-ROM.
    Anyway here is the translation (requested by me on this forum some yearg ago) of the CDISC2.SYS manual :

https://www.assemblergames.com/threads/the-translation-thread.21989/page-25#post-649542

I also made some HDD installation of games (the ones without CD-DA track obviously), some run fine like The NewZeland Story.You can find my HDD image here:

http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1489

P.S.
    Which is the latest TOS with latest DOS version you are referring to?

DeChief and Uroko Sakanabito like this.
  10. Uroko Sakanabito

Very nice chat @ facebook today. With forces united we where able to run a few more games from HDD; Image Fight and Flying Shark (no music). Still have to find a solution for many other Ving games and Rayxanber, Raiden, Splatterhouse & Co

DeChief and Nicky Biscuit like this.
  11. Uroko Sakanabito

Good news; All of the Doujin STGs run fine from hdd and Syndicate + Marble Madness work fine via SCSI CD :)

12. caius

caius Rising Member

Good.I think now we should do a list of all 100% working games that can be launched from HDD.