Flexible IDE mod pcb

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by icekicker, Jan 25, 2018.

1. fafadou

fafadou Robust Member

for me the sata hdd ssd is the better way in add of the sd card reader. You can plug the ssd outside with sata cable as you said :
    and more now you the ssd is less expensive than the CF for a huger capacity.

And last thing put your ssd outside is more simple to unplug it and load game/remove games with your computer.

You can try to contact the dreampsu builder, I know he has already received a lot of requests. Maybe if he has some more, he would build others dreampsu again.

2. BloodBrother

BloodBrother Newly Registered

I would like to throw my name in the hat for one, please.
    Im tired of reading about all of the possible mods i could do and would like to actually get on with it, lol.
    Your mod looks like the best route in my mind, slap a DreamPSU with it, and it should fit inside nicely

3. MastaG

MastaG Member

I know CF cards are more expensive, but I dont want to drill holes in my case. So I ordered the complete pico psu kit instead.. Also got my 44 pin 2.5" CF reader.
    I hope I'll be able to route a 20cm 44pin laptop IDE cable from the psu (left side) under the mainboard all the way to the g1 test points without it being too thick.