final fantasy 64, officaly non exsistant

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by sayin999, Nov 3, 2005.

1. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Well the rumors can now be put to rest, check out this recent artical lostlevels.org did, seems the whole thing was just used as a demonstration piece to show what style battles were gonna look like for their next ff, which was 7, good read and suprisingly no one discovered this interview that was made to support this.

2. Mark30001

Mark30001 Guest

So you mean Final Fantasy 64 never existed! :-(

3. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

That guy in the fadora is pretty hot.

4. gaming247

gaming247 Site Supporter 2015

even though it's "just" a tech demo, reading more about it just makes me want to play it more.

5. babu

babu Mamihlapinatapai

nice article [​IMG]
    and nice with all the pics and videos. have not watched to videos yet thought.. but still had not even seen allt the pics before

6. kammedo

kammedo and the lost N64 Hardware Docs

Nice. case closed. ;)

7. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

That was a very good read indeed. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Yakumo

8. Warakia

Warakia Beyond Cool

You know most of the info in that article was in Japanese on the FFVII international perfect disc, though there were a couple of gaps filled in. Although I doubt we will ever play it, shame! BTW There are some other early build pics and footage on that perfect disc as well - worth tracking down.

9. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

I wonder who he is? [​IMG]

Good article, by the way.

10. Well, that was always really the case - just as the Lost Levels article stated, the "game" was just a tech demo running on SGI computer hardware - similar, yes, to the N64, but at the same time entirely different.

It's just that the dissenting voices were often drowned out by the louder fans who were sure that there WAS a Final Fantasy 64.

11. Perkunas

Perkunas Intrepid Member

Very nice article. =)

12. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

I think I still have a backup from neomidgar.com, we spread that FF64 video around quite a bit back in the day.

13. AntiPasta

AntiPasta Guest

Now all we need is confirmation that RE 1.5 and SaturnVF3 don't exist, and it would make the board a lot less redundant. Huzzah.

14. Alien Workshop

Alien Workshop Site Soldier

Sure the article is interesting, and informative in how the FF64 rumor was initially spread, but as for FF64's non-existence, well that's old news. In fact, I think Kyuusaku mentioned it once in a discussion a while back.

15. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

well of course, but heres the proof now, before concreate proof was not mentioned, and lost levels actually went a bit out of the way to actually find the interview as well as various info to piece the information together.

16. OmegaPirate

OmegaPirate Guest

17. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

its intresting stuff indeed, i think the whole rumoe was started due to the sgi thing and the assumption that square was making it for 64 but didnt due to its being cart based, but i imagine from what they said it was pretty much thought from beging it be idea of playstation, still i wonder how good square would have made a 64 game look if the thing was cd based, cause i hear it had huge issues with textures.

18. Mr. Casual

Mr. Casual Champion of the Forum

19. zidapi

zidapi Rapidly Rising Member

Wow that was a really intersting read, i had no idea about the mouse movement stuff. Is there better quality footage around or is that as good as it gets?

20. Well, there's enough evidence in screens and movies to support RE1.5's existance, but yeah, it would be nice to get some confirmation one way or another for Saturn VF3.