Family BASIC on Everdrive N8?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MonkeyBoyJoey, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:48 PM.

1. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

Hello everyone! I've been trying to use Family BASIC v3 on my Everdrive N8. I wanted to try out some games I saw people made but in order to do so, I needed to load some background graphics. I type "system" to pull up the menu and I receive the following error:

"バックアップ スイッチ ヲ ON ニ シテクダサイ"

I'm nowhere near fluent in Japanese but from the extremely little (and I mean little) I understand, am I correct in assuming this means something like "Please turn the backup switch on"? If so, how can I work around this on an Everdrive?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

2. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Yeah, that translation looks fairly close. It definitely wants you to turn a "backup switch" to the on position.

A quick google search brought me to:
    https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=10276.0

There seems to be a manual translated to english, and they happen to be talking about that error message. Apparently there's a switch on the actual Family BASIC V3 cart that you need to switch on and off. I can't imagine this software working on an Everdrive then.

3. MonkeyBoyJoey

I was afraid of that... Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for a cheap v3 cart. Unless of course Krikzz can implement the switches in software.

4. speedyink

I just looked up a picture, it seems it's just one switch but there definitely is one. Also a fancy keyboard that goes with it.

5. MonkeyBoyJoey

I've got the keyboard and that's how I got to the error, by typing SYSTEM and hitting return.

6. Durandal

Durandal Rapidly Rising Member

7. speedyink

Nice, then you're half way to having the set :p

8. stevo9389

stevo9389 Plays It Loud

You just saved me a lot of disappointment this weekend. I was about to try the same exact thing with the Everdive.