US F/S: TWO New Geniune Dreamcast GDEMU

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by psydefx, Jun 28, 2018.

1. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

got two brand new gdemu straight from the original maker

only took photos of one as they are identical. they are the newest version 5.5

can be firmware upgraded unlike clones. no worries

price for each is $300 shipped usps priority mail. payment by paypal gift

Attached Files:

2. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

bump.

3. psydefx

psydefx Robust Member

bump. $290 shipped each

4. Sp33dFr34k

Sp33dFr34k Spirited Member

$290? They are €130... Think eBay is better for scalping.

weldedale and Pascal Peulen like this.
  5. Frank Coroan

Frank Coroan Member

Only twice the price? GFY.

weldedale likes this.
  6. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

That difference in price is perfectly justified - because you'll be lucky to get an official one without religiously clicking on the official maker's website over and over again hoping you might get lucky. It isn't easy. Also, unlike the clones, you can update the FW.

On the other hand, the clones do everything this does and cost a quarter of the price.

I was quite surprised to see how many of the the clones have been sold on eBay by various sellers (mostly from China) This guy really could have made a fortune from these if he'd tried to mass-market it from day one. The sales are staggering...

Technical genius? Yes.
    Good businessman? Not in a million years.

The price seems fine to me for an official one.

Durandal likes this.
  7. Pascal Peulen

Pascal Peulen Member

No the price is not justified @arnoldlayne , if the seller would have 1 unit which he used himself an now wants to move along, fine, ask what you want.

But if the seller has 2 new units he clearly bought them just to flip them and make a profit...
    That is just a no go as his 2 units could have went to 2 other users who missed the sale at the official website and who would enjoy them like they should be ;)

Sp33dFr34k likes this.
  8. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I have to agree, scalping of any sort of isn't cool. The price isn't fine because if scalpers would stop fecking buying them then people who legit want to own one wouldn't have such a hard time finding them.
    I know the creator opened himself up to this, but let the Chinese make clones and have that as an option. Being a total dick by buying up the limited supply of official ones just to resell for higher prices is a dirty scalper move. Doesn't matter if you're selling it for a 5 dollar profit or a 500 dollar profit.

Pascal Peulen likes this.
  9. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Peppy Member

If you pay 290 dollars for a pcb with some chips on it you are out of your mind
    That thing is like at most 30 to 50 bucks in parts

10. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

So are most things you buy. The cost is in the R&D.

Go and buy just the parts and see if it works.

Mord.Fustang and Pascal Peulen like this.
  11. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Supply and demand is a bitch when you're broke.

Muramasa likes this.
  12. Nully

Nully Enthusiastic Member

Morality aside, you shouldn't trash a guy's thread just because you don't agree with his price.

Nano Babe, Anthony817, APE and 2 others like this.
  13. nonosto

nonosto Intrepid Member

I add economy is amoral...that the life...so I know one thing, all guy cry about injustice would be the first to make scalping when they can.

APE likes this.
  14. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

On top of the 100% markup on these, I sure wouldn't be paying via Paypal Gift since afaik you give up some buyer protection by doing so. If you really want a GDEMU and don't want to wait for the short window of opportunity, just buy the clone, it's only $65-$70 on Aliexpress. The supply issues on these and the saturn chip has been ridiculous and it's not surprising that clones started flooding the market, far as I've seen they are functionally fine.

15. Nully

Nully Enthusiastic Member

I didn't notice that, isn't asking for gift payments against the rules to begin with? For potential buyers, be aware gift payments have no buyer protection.

16. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

I don't think they are explicitly against the rules, but they are noted in the rules post that you probably should not pay with them if it gives up your buyer protection

17. kyo86sg

kyo86sg Intrepid Member

I will agree that the price is not justified @arnoldlayne , this is clearly a straight forward case of scalping. This shouldn't be tolerated in this forum. Can a Mod advise on this and take necessary action accordingly?

18. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

There are no mods and the admin is awol. So good luck.

Nully and kyo86sg like this.
  19. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

I think he's free to ask what he likes for them, they're not easy to obtain and remember these can be upgraded. High? Yes but it's his decision at the end of the day. Does it really matter if the seller asks for $100,000,000 or $10? It's up to the buyer to make the crucial decision and, let's be honest, does anyone actually think they'll sell for that price?

Really?

99% of the customers for this kind of device are going to be pirates (of varying degrees) and pirates aren't usually very rich, hence the reason for pirating in the first place. Pirates will buy the clone, meanwhile he's selling a luxury item at a luxury price - I wish him all the best with the sale and truly admire their courage for even trying.

20. Monkey

Monkey Member