excellent dizzy collection working?

Discussion in 'Everdrive Master System - Master Everdrive' started by butfluffy, Nov 28, 2012.

1. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

hello. had my master everdrive the other day and hooked it up to my model 1 sms. has anyone got excellent dizzy collection prototype to work? it boots but once i get past the game selection screen it hangs. not sure if it's the rom or if the game is incompatible. the master everdrive supprts the codemasters mapper so i figured the game should work? my master system is pal but i'm getting a 50/60hz mod done in the next week or so but i doubt that will fix the issue with this game.

2. SavagePencil

SavagePencil Active Member

3. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

If the hardware itself is incompatible, ntsc or pal or 50/60hz won't matter.

4. SavagePencil

SavagePencil Active Member

Yep, wasn't sure if the VDP in an SMS1 acted differently given a 50 or 60 hz rate (since that does affect time per scanline). Here's more clarification:

http://www.smspower.org/Development/SMS1SMS2VDPs

...so yeah, does not look like the SMS1 of any territory worked with any of the CodeMasters titles that used the 224 or 240-line modes.

5. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

well i got a sms 2 in the loft aswell. the reason i play on master system model 1 is it has better video output. the sms 2 is rf only and would require a mod. guess i will have to use my sms 2 for these games as that dizzy game didn't work on my megadrive with everdrive md either. or just play these games on the sms emulator i have for the xbox1.

6. Playgeneration

Playgeneration Spirited Member

Try the Game Gear rom instead (it uses the SMS mode), if I remember rightly its more complete and at least one of the three games works.

7. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

i didn't think game gear roms wuld run on a master everdrive. i don't know anything about game gear games running in sms mode. thb i don't know much about the game gear at all. i got the game gear roms and and the emulator on my xbox1 and some the games are fun. did you mean play the game gear version on an emulator or does the master everdrive support game gear games which use sms mode? i'ma bit confused lol.

8. Playgeneration

Playgeneration Spirited Member

Some Game Gear games use a SMS compatability mode, GG Castle of Illusion for instance is literally just the SMS rom. Dizzy Collection is the same, so the GG rom should work on your everdrive.

9. butfluffy

butfluffy Robust Member

ok i will try it out. i gather i will need to rename the extension from gg to sms?