Everdrive on Mega Tech arcade motherboard

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by mar.vetto, Oct 12, 2011.

1. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

B28 should be connected to main ram WE signal also, so if you can find main ram on your board, then you can check. at least it is true for genesis board

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  2. Nipedley

Nipedley Member

Thanks for the info KRIKzz, I'm looking into this though I won't be able to test anything myself until I can swap out the mainboard in my machine. I'm testing with a spare mega-tech motherboard and disassembled my megadrive to get a base of comparison.

Pins B28 and B29 are attached to WE on two seperate ram chips on my megadrive motherboard, and B31 is connected to the 315-5433 I/O chip. On my mega-tech motherboard, all three are connected to an octal bus buffer chip TC74HC244AP, and there are three ram chips in total on the board (2x 32 and 1x 64). I'll keep working on this and report back if I make any progress

Thanks for your input KRIKzz it is very much appreciated.

Good to meet you mar.vetto, I am very glad that you made use of my documents! Good to know that they came in useful for somebody and you managed to build one :) Where I refer to CS on Pin B17 on the Megadrive Pinout was probably a typo, it is the CE signal which corresponds to Pin B27 on the Megatech Pinout.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  3. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

In this period I have no time to make any test....I think I will have some during Christmass holidays, Any news on your side??

4. RobScott

RobScott Member

mar.vetto, i contacted you through ebay, but have now also registered on here. i'm looking to make an adaptor to play megadrive games on my megatech.

do you have any detailed photographs of the adaptor you made? so i can get an idea of where the wires go, so i dont make a mistake.

thanks

5. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

when you said this, should I connect B30 on mtech to vcc by 10khom resistor or should I put the resistor beteween B30 mtech and B30 MD

becuase at the moment B30 mtech is connected to B30 MD directly...

if I should go for the resistor to vcc where should i put MD B30?

I am stil trying to make it works with everdrive

6. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

on the Mtech cart I used to build the adapter all these pin are connected together
    B30 B31 A31 so all of them are VCC connected.

7. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

with B31 connected to B31 the Everdrive and any mega drive games don't start at all,
    before with MD B31 connected to Mtech B30(then to VCC too) games played fine and everdrive started but was not able to save setting and load games...

8. RobScott

RobScott Member

i built an adaptor and it works fine. i'll be trying an everdrive on it soon :D

9. RobScott

RobScott Member

i tried everdrive today, just get a black screen. nothing else.

10. RobScott

RobScott Member

:D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  11. K1ngArth3r

K1ngArth3r Robust Member

Let me know when you guys have done all the hard work and I'll make one for my machine :)

Interesting read, hope you guys figure it out! Would be amazing to play all mega drive games through the cab!

12. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

allmost megadrive games can be played without any problem with the simple adapter on mega tech motherboard, the problem is to make the everdrive run on the adapter.....becasue this way we will no need to buy all MD original games.....
    I had some test last night and for my skill with megadrive I can say I am not able to let it works......maybe i am not so good or maybe it can't work on megatech
    If anyone has the right skill to let it works but he has not the parts to fix them, i am ready to send my adapters and motherboard

13. RobScott

RobScott Member

still no luck with working it out.

super street fighter 2, sonic 3, sonic and knuckles wont work with this adaptor too. i need to work this out.

ive managed to find a supplyer of 32x2 edgle connectors, they are hard to find in the uk, so had to order some from overseas. i have purchased a few megatech carts for 99p off ebay, so i can make more adaptors, also i have just been given another complete megatech machine from my mate, jake74 on here. :D

i have found the megatech boards are jap, so pal carts with lockout will not work, street fighter 2, streets of rage 2 and 3, and thunderforce 4 dont work, they come up with the lockout screen, i tried a jap street fighter 2 cart and it works fine.

14. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

SSF2 used !time signal. it is the only special signal in ssf2, as far as i know. everdrive also required this signal. it is second pin from right edge on top side of cart

15. RobScott

RobScott Member

16. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

17. RobScott

RobScott Member

cheers buddy. i'll have a mess about and see what i can sort out

18. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

it would be nice to know where is connected the mega drive B31 pin on your adapter....

19. Buist2000

Buist2000 Newly Registered

Has any body got a circuit diagram for the megatech adaptor they would be willing to share? I can see Nipedley had one on his website but it's gone now and the archive.org copy is only one page deep :-(

20. mar.vetto

mar.vetto Rising Member

i am still trying to let it works on the megatech but I think I don't have the right skill
    on megadrive to let it works

I am sure that there is a solution.....