Everdrive cover design

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by Yakumo, May 24, 2010.

1. CoinCollector

CoinCollector Spirited Member

Whooaaa, great job! Very good chance I'd use it if I had an N8.

2. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 Insane redneck retro gamer...

Don't get me wrong. I really like it especially with the 8 bit pixelated graphics look. I just tend to be very technical on some details. Some get the wrong idea of me with that though...

3. smoke monster

smoke monster Rapidly Rising Member

Wow, there are some really great designs here. Nice work to all of the designers, and a big thank you to those who shared their print-ready files.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  4. smoke monster

Mega Everdrive or Everdrive-MD Cart Label: Saint Sword Theme by SmokeMonster

Here's my Everdrive-MD label themed on Taito's Saint Sword. It's not a great game, but I've always loved how the cart looks sitting in the Genesis. I wanted a kind of 80's space opera video game look and I borrowed components from others in this thread. The Sega Seal was part of the Saint Sword art that I used. I tried to get rid of it, but I couldn't do it in a way that looked good.

http://cloudstor.es/file/Qs_KE/
    73mb - Extract using 7-zip

To Print: The TIF is sized for a US Genesis cart: 7.4cm wide x 6.8cm tall. Don't print the lower quality JPG version below!
    Cut out the white areas with a razor or exacto knife.
    As a Template: I'm including the original layered PDN file to use as a template in Paint.NET. Replace the background layer, and you'll have cutouts set up and logos to use or discard. Feel free to use, remix, and redistribute this label as you like!
    US Genesis Everdrive-MD label thumbnail.jpg
    "By the Sword of Everdrive!"

Also, here are two sdcard labels that I whipped up. Print the TIF 3.9mm tall x 2.5cm wide.
    Sega & SNES sdcards thumbnail.png
    http://cloudstor.es/file/Qs_KP/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  5. smoke monster

veganx's Super Everdrive label remix

update: I didn't realize that the Super Everdrive logo that I used was originally designed by Stone Age Gamer. I grabbed it from the S-ED manual thinking that it was the official logo, but SAG actually wrote that manual and designed the graphic. SAG contacted me asking that my label not be redistributed so I've removed the links to my templates and artwork.

Here's a remixed 600dpi version of veganx's label with a new Super Everdrive logo. I tracked down vectors of all the label images and replaced the text with higher resolution fonts.

Don't print the following PNG. Instead download the TIF. For a US cart, print at 8.2cm wide x 4.41 cm tall.
    As a template: The original layered PDN file is included.

update:
    I made some revisions to give this more of a minimalist look and to pay greater tribute to KRIKzz using images and great ideas borrowed from this thread.
    Don't print this PNG. Instead download the TIF. The PDN template and printing instructions are also included.

Artwork & template links removed by request of Stone Age Gamer

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  6. superg

superg Site Supporter 2013,2014,2015. Tape Drive Donor.

BTW Ukraine code is UA and not UK.

7. smoke monster

Tough crowd!

8. smoke monster

Everdrive-MD label - Streets of Rage themed by SmokeMonster

Also, here is a Streets of Rage themed Everdrive-MD label that I made for a friend. I finally figured out why the other Everdrive-MD label that I posted was so huge. It was set for 600dpCM instead of DPI. I'm not going to reupload it because bigger is better anyways, right? ;)

Don't print the image below, click on it and use the TIF inside of the 7z file.
    The PDN template is also there if you want to use the new Everdrive Mesh overlay.

[​IMG]
    http://cloudstor.es/file/Qs_Lp/

8.95 MB

9. smoke monster

I had pboland print my Super Everdrive label and was blown away. Definitely track him down if you need cheap, high quality cartridge prints. Here is a thread with more pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. richisawesome

richisawesome Newly Registered

Hey, first post here.

Got a Mega Everdrive PCB coming on monday - decided to make a label and case insert for it. I designed it on photoshop at the correct size and 600dpi, then printed onto high grade photo paper, stuck with adhesive spray. The attached image at the bottom of this post is from before I stuck it on, this is it finished:
    jNsnWc311KMlo.jpg

And here's the case inlay I designed (I'll be printing it tomorrow)

jN90mUp5Hl42q.png

I love both Mega Drive logos, so I used one for the spine and one for the front. Kept the back simple. What do you all think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  11. timmaeh

timmaeh Member

Is there a little chance to adapt this awesome logos for the everdrive? I mean maybe just customize the SD2Snes logo into the everdrives one?

cheers

12. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

Will these work for you?

supereverdrive-label-2.jpg supereverdrive-back-label-01.jpg super-everdrive-universal-game-cover-small.jpg

Full size cover can be downloaded here.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  13. timmaeh

timmaeh Member

Holy shit thats great. May u have time for a Super Famicom/PAL Cartridge Label and the Universal Box too? So i could all give those to the printshop.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  14. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

I can look into that...

15. timmaeh

timmaeh Member

That would be really great. Thanks spoonTRex. :)

16. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

I was able to get to the pal format label, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to the UGC cover...

supereverdrive-pal-label.jpg

17. timmaeh

timmaeh Member

Wow. Just one thing, could u move the "entertainment system" more under the "Super Nintendo". The format for the UGC is the same as u done before. Just change the label from sd2snes to everdrive and some of the text on the back and we got it :)

http://themediadeli.com/sd2snes/sd2snes-cover-940.jpg Like this. Just with the label of the everdrive and som other text on the backside.

Iam so happy :)

18. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

That isn't a "just" thing. It's finding and formatting the text for the back, swapping logos, repositioning symbols on the front, removing all mention of sd2snes and ikari01 from the file, as well as, I assume, trying to make the cover elements look more like a PAL cover and not an NTSC one (swapping the grey buttons for the colored ones that JP & PAL use for starters). It's not a snap of a finger.

19. timmaeh

timmaeh Member

OK if u want it so perfectly than its not a snap of a finger. I were fine with just formating text and swaping logos :p.

Take your time, its ok ;).

20. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

I updated my post above with a link to the cover.