Everdrive cover design

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by Yakumo, May 24, 2010.

1. keropi

keropi Familiar Face

anyone here selling quality prints? I need some labels... :)

2. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

Sorry I missed this. These labels are 300dpi, but, it's possible when you save them straight off the site, here, they are saved as 72dpi. Use photoshop or the gimp to get the labels back to 300dpi with the same width and height they currently have and you should be good. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  3. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

Hey! That looks pretty sweet! I like it!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  4. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Gutsy Member

Has there been any SD2SNES labels made up for a NTSC_US cart at all??

5. xan_racketBOY_fan

xan_racketBOY_fan Member

Check out page 9, about the middle. There's a great Zelda theme one.

6. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Gutsy Member

Your right it is a nice design but sadly its for the everdrive and im after a SD2SNES label :(

7. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

I found this while searching for a replacement SDRAM chip for my ED64 (don't ask...):

Credit goes to JoeRedifer.

[​IMG]

I find it hilarious.

8. Tayorinai

Tayorinai Newly Registered

Hi,

I signed up to the forum to contribute to this thread. I've been practicing the art of label making for my Everdrive 64 & Mega Everdrive. Here's one for N64 I based off 8bitplus', which I liked, but I prefer it to be simpler looking so I took out the starfield and lines in the background and used all vector logos and fonts then exported it to 300 dpi lossless png for good printing.

n64.png

This one's a bit of a work in progress for Mega Everdrive. I use MicroSD so I don't have an SD card slot and my reset switch punches right through the top letters, but thought I would post it to share ideas and get some feedback. The main image is a screenshot of the Sonic title screen from an emulator that can turn off the layers of text that cover it. Suggestions for improvements to the design are welcome :) I need to reprint this one.

megasonic.png

9. Four_X

Four_X Member

Here’s my N64 & SNES EverDrive’s

[​IMG]

I used spoonTRex’s Label for my EverDrive 64 (Very nice), I made my own
    for my Super EverDrive Cart, I’ve given it a Super Mario World theme.

[​IMG]

Enjoy.

10. gamefan1984

gamefan1984 Member

Since I haven't seen anything for the turbo everdrive, I decided to make my own. I made them large and scaled them down to keep the image quality. I believe you'll want to scale the cover down to 62% and the label down to 32% for printing.

hucardLabel.png Turbo Everdrive Insert.png front.jpg inside.jpg label.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  11. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

Created a new label tonight to use with BuffaloWing's 3-D printed cover for the Turbo Everdrive.

Turbo Everdrive label.png

Attached Files:

12. gamefan1984

gamefan1984 Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  13. ReBirFh

ReBirFh Member

I made this label based on MUSHA:

ALESTEVERDRIVE.png

14. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

Blast processing unit was here :)

15. TylerL

TylerL Member

Excited for my Everdrive N8 to arrive!

I designed my own simple and stylish cart label in preparation:
    [​IMG]

The little "complete collection" title neatly gets hidden when the cart is inserted:
    [​IMG]

Here's the full-res version:
    http://i.imgur.com/mtd7uBY.png

16. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

I just got a new HQ printer, what type of paper would be best to make this as HQ as possible?

17. gamefan1984

gamefan1984 Member

gloss photo paper, and gloss sticker paper or the label.

18. spoonTRex

spoonTRex Member

I hope this is okay to post in here, since this is an Everdrive thread, but I just got my SD2SNES and am excited to show off and share my artwork (in case anyone else is interested in using it).

First, here's the family shot, Universal Game Case insert, Front & Back. I used a Charcoal Vinyl Die for the color. I also opted not to cut the top of the cart, which meant cleanly removing the USB (that at this time isn't being used), and reducing the height of the SD socket. I'm also using these fantastic microSD adapters that I'd highly recommend for anyone looking to do the same with any of their EverDrives (look at the end of my post, I redid my ED64). Quick review: I bought the three for $50 option, and 2 out of the 3 worked. I had great communication with the guy making these, and he's sending out a replacement all on his own! Fantastic customer service, and the two that do work are exactly what I needed.

sd2snes-full.jpg

For anyone interested in the labels, here are the labels at 300 dpi. I've got three versions: The SNES-style without Nintendo Logos (for those who wished to avoid those, like I did for some reason), SNES-Style with SNES & Nintendo Seal on label, and a full label with no SNES-style whatsoever.

The Super Nintendo is my favorite system of all time (don't tell my PS1 or PS2 that), despite never having one growing up. I snuck over to friends houses all the time to play the system (my parents were very much against "Nintendos", which they've now gotten over and even own their own Wii). I wanted to create a label that showed the breadth of the catalog and the amazing titles on the system—most of which I discovered via emulation well after the 16-bit generation was over—without drawing the attention to them, and keep the focus on the name of the cart itself. Hence, emblems for Mario, Zelda, Metroid and more were used to hint at the potential of the cartridge. And, after some time playing around with concepts, I opted to drop any attention being drawn to an SD card itself. There are others out there designing that way, and they look great, but I felt like I was rehashing the same thing others have done for this label, so I simply chose to ignore it all together and go for a semi-retro Mario Bros look (apparently I get all my inspiration from Mario games). Well, I'm pretty happy with it. :)

sd2snes-label-snes.jpg

sd2snes-label-snes-full.jpg

sd2snes-label-full.jpg

(And, yes, that black "01" in the last label there is on purpose. It looked really weird with the purple striping in the background when it was just knocked out [hollow].)

***SIDE NOTE: I spent some time at a used game shop picking out carts recently to shuck (making USB HDD shells out of them), and noticed that on US SNES labels, the long rectangle on the top right is either purple or red. If red, they usually accompanied a 3rd party logo under it, but if purple, no other logo was featured. It seemed to me this was a way to tell apart titles released by Nintendo (purple) or by another party (red). I never noticed this before. Any one else notice this and have any sort of comment?

Here's some back labels. I have black text on white (in case you want to print on silver like I did), white text on grey, or white text on black.

sd2snes-back-label-white-01.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, last but not least, here's the Universal Game Cover. It's quite large, so go here to download the 300dpi version so I don't break the forum's width.

[​IMG]

After making this, I recided to redo my EverDrive 64 cart, and use a miniDrive microSD adapter as well to keep it a clean, uncut cartridge shell. No modifications were done to the EverDrive 64 board, it went in just fine. Consequently, I have a black and a grey cartridge sitting around that are fully labeled, doing nothing, if anyone's interested. The grey cart isn't cut, and the black cart has a slot out the top for a full size SD card. I'm not the handiest with a dremel, so it's not the cleanest work, but it's far from the worst (or scariest) I'm sure some of you have seen. ;)

[​IMG]

Also, just now realized that I've provided all of these files, but these only work with those using North American SNES carts. :/ I guess if anyone's interested in any of these labels for a PAL or Japanese cart, let me know, and I can go about resizing them. Sorry in advance.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  19. Grindpxxn

Grindpxxn Member

borrowed the neat design of TylerL above...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All three labels as printable CMYK pdf files, here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/huztr3

For the Famicom ED I used a golden Xevious FC cart. Perfect fit !! The Famicom label shown above has a typo (N8 instead of 8N), but the PDF has been corrected.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  20. wilykat

wilykat Site Supporter 2013

Ooooo shiny Famicom carts!!