Everdrive cartridge cases, labels, inserts - Any market?

Discussion in 'Everdrive General' started by Trenton_net, Apr 8, 2011.

1. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

You mean mine?

[​IMG]

I know many people like to copy the exact original label designs. However I try to keep the designs simpler.

Plus I like to keep my copyright and trademark infringing to a minimum. Chinese companies don't care too much about that.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

The PCB on mine says "made in Ukraine" on one side and "www.krikzz.com" on the other. The PCB quality is excellent - it's just the case and box that are crap. In the "about" page it gives all of krikzz's details and has "distributed by: JUNFAN GAMES" and their taobao URL.

All that made a pretty compelling case to me that this was legit deal between two parties and not a ripoff pirate/clone.

3. StoneAgeGamer

I am not blaming you for not knowing or for ordering. Its not your responsibility to know the details. I was just pointing out that the statement you made was not 100% correct. However based on what described said there was no way to ever know. So no worries.

However the board you received was not made by Igor and it is not supported by Igor.

There was an agreement made between them afterwards, but my guess is Igor's hands were tied in this agreement since there's nothing legally Igor could do to really enforce anything.

My personal suggestion to people who like Igor's work and want to support him is to buy from him or one of the other resellers. His agreement with this seller is to ONLY sell in China. Without getting into the nitty-gritty details there is good reason for this.

Also, Alchy, I don't want you to think I was coming down on you for buying from this seller, I just wanted to set the record straight (as much as a could) about the Chinese EverDrives.

4. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

I appreciate that, it's all in the spirit of debate.

Are you honestly saying that it says "made in Ukraine" and it wasn't made by/for KRIKzz, though? That seems really unlikely.

5. StoneAgeGamer

As Igor stated earlier in this thread. They are not made by him and thus not supported by him. This would be easier to understand if the whole story was laid out, but since they did come to some type of agreement and justfungames is technically listed a seller for Chinese customers only on his site its probably no longer appropriate to talk about those details in public.

Short answer:
    No, they were not made by Igor or in the Ukraine.

6. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

Actually he said "i just can say that it is same carts as mine" which seemed to indicate the opposite to me, but hey, I'll take you at your word.

7. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

I don't use any proxy services (Disclaimer: I'm Chinese). I use a Bank of China account, as well as accounts for any of the relevant services I would need from China (Including Taobao). I also have family in China in case I need any physical footwork to be done. As you can imagine, I have a much greater advantage compared to other people, which is not very typical.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I never intended to sell, distribute, or import any cloned Everdrive hardware. Just the cartridge cases, inserts, and trim which Kirikzz's hardware doesn't come with. Aside from being a slap in the face to the original creator, everyone knows I don't intentionally torpedo sales via undercutting unless there is a serious pricing discrepancy. In fact, there are many cases where I withhold selling stuff so that other sellers have a chance to move their items before I move in with cheaper prices (Ie. Famicomworld, as an example).

8. StoneAgeGamer

Yes they are not the same carts. Meaning they are not made by him.