EverDrive 64

Discussion in 'Everdrive 64' started by KRIKzz, Apr 16, 2011.

1. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

The problem is that it is probably expanded using vl-tone's tools, and he's never made any of that work on hardware afaik. I vaguely recall him mentioning that he would one day fix it? but it hasn't been yet

I'm retarded, can someone link to the post about merging your romset based on region preferences again

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. CAPTAIN N

CAPTAIN N Rising Member

I'm havin a little problem with Pokémon Stadium 2.
    The game works almost perfectly. However, whenever I try the quiz in the mini games section and I get a question with a little picture, there isn't any picture. Which makes some of the quiz question pure guessing.

Is there a reason why the Everdrive won't display these?

This is the specific section I'm talking about. About 1:55 there is an example.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9WK5ItZIXE

3. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

may be n64 won't display? :) everdrive itself cannot display or not display something. may be bad rom or something like that

4. discomike

discomike Active Member

Now that i've got an Everdrive 64 on it's way in the post, here's a poser everyone. As I have both a PAL and NTSC N64 I chose the NTSC Everdrive 64.

Do you think if i used one of those "Universal Adapters" I could use a PAL host cart to pass the CIC check and expect the Everdrive to work on my PAL N64?

5. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

should work

6. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

not trying to pester just asking, any update on the SD driver being backported?

7. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

week ago i said that i will not work over sd driver in next few months.

8. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

It's been almost a month since I haven't visited this thread and WOW people are still talking about Banjo Tooie?!

buy the game and STFU. You already got 99,9% of the games and this one is freaking cheap in ebay.

If you are going to be an annoying bitch, do like me and bitch about the 64 Disk Drive roms because this beast cost 700 USD xD~ LOL

9. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

I guess I'm guilty of this too. :DOH: I was just wondering about it for the sake of having the COMPLETE N64 collection on 1 cartridge for a portable 64 I have planned. It will have the Everdrive inside the case with only the SD slot being accessible from outside the case. Doing it this way for a smaller and more convenient package. I can live without this game on my portable and save it for the home console.

10. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

if there is a guy who trade me a lot of pal n64 carts, few months ago, contact me please. i lost the contact when i cleaned my pm box

11. ToñoGK

ToñoGK Member

Got the game, but I want it on the ED64 so I can have all the N64 library on one cartridge, until that happens, the ED64 wont be perfect for me.

Dont get me wrong, krikzz has done a wonderful job, and this is not his fault, Im confident someone will crack BT to be playable on the ED64. :pray:

So, my vergga friend, you be gone one more month and STFU :033:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  12. sonicdude10

Got my Everdrive64 in the mail the other day. Loving it a lot. I've been using it to play Conker's Bad Fur Day. It will load the ROM in 8 seconds. That is fast considering the ROM is over 60 MB in size. Here's a thought on Banjo Kazooi, implement a CIC loader like the other flash cart that supports CF cards does. It can emulate any CIC with any number soldered on the PCB. That would solve the CIC problems and make every game supported.

13. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

BK works just fine on the ED64 using a 6102 CIC though.. Pretty sure you're thinking of BT, and maybe you're drunk or something?.. The 64drive won't boot BT without a 6105 CIC on the board, so you're seriously misinformed...

14. sonicdude10

I mistyped that one, using a Nintendo 3DS to post at this time. I did mean BT and not BK. I'm not drunk, just typing too fast and was thinking the wrong game at the time. Also, I was thinking wrong on it with the 64Drive. Read an article and seen YouTube videos that claimed 100% ROM support for it. That's why I thought it would work with any CIC. My apologies for being a dumb idiot.

15. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

Go back to some of these videos and check to see if the person mentioned having a 6105 CIC in the video, or if they typed it in the description. I made a demonstration video and put it up on YouTube myself, and I clearly said in the video that I had a 6105 CIC.. I also typed it out in the description. Personally, I highly doubt you seen any video or article with those claims without them saying they had the 6105 CIC, or that it was needed for the support.

16. sonicdude10

Now that I think about it, it was your video that I saw. I do remember mention of a 6105 being used instead of a 6102. I simply forgot. Me and my d#&n memory. I'll shut up now.

17. C-Kronos

C-Kronos Intrepid Member

It's all good, my bad if I came off as being rude. I've said stuff that's made me out to be ignorant before as well, it happens to everyone. Anyways, JFG has a patch out that allows it to run with a 6102 CIC.. You'd only be missing out on BT; besides, using a 6105 CIC in the ED64 is a horrible choice until KRIKzz fixes his issues with some of the 6103 games not working properly.

In my honest opinion, if anyone really wants to play BT and they own a 360, they should get the XBLA version that's on Xbox Live. It's pretty neat, and obviously looks a bit better than the N64 version :p

18. lovewiibrew

lovewiibrew Site Supporter 2012

Got my everdrive today and I love it! I'm having a problem with JFG. I used the jet force gemini (U) (f1) that I had found. Was in v64 format. Game won't load just a bunch of garble on the tv. So I manually patched the game myself and goodn64 verified it as the right rom and I still can't get it to run. Any suggestions?

Wait after resetting the n64 I tried it again and now it works? Lol

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  19. discomike

discomike Active Member

Funnily enough I also had that problem., so I tried the original rom instead, and to my surprise it worked. Only tested it until just after gameplay started, but it all seemed fine. I was expecting it to not start or have crippled gameplay.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  20. Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 Newly Registered

Hey KRIKzz, is there any way I can know when my Everdrive will arrive? It shipped back on February 10 and still isn't here... I'm in North America, by the way.