EverDrive 64

Discussion in 'Everdrive 64' started by KRIKzz, Apr 16, 2011.

1. CAPTAIN N

CAPTAIN N Rising Member

I didn't know there were elements in that rom that made it unplayable on an authentic system ;-)

2. indask8

indask8 Rapidly Rising Member

Might still be worth asking the creator of this game if he can make this playable on original hardware, it's probably just a few mistakes (still some textures seem to be pretty big for N64, but at least the game should boot and just hang when the game is asking too much).

3. ToñoGK

ToñoGK Member

Hi guys, noob here!
    Just a quick question... with this version, am I gonna be able to play in the future Banjo Tooie if the "problem" is fixed?
    I'm kind of concerned that if I buy it a newer version arrives soon :/

4. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

Banjo Tooie can work if you install a 6105, but then I think some 6103 games don't work.

If this issue is fixed you will still need a 6105 installed to play Banjo Tooie. Most ED64 had 6102 installed.

5. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

yeah I'm not sure if KRIKzz fixed the bootemu issue with the 6105 yet or not, should he eventually solve it then you'd be at 100% with a 6105 though

6. ToñoGK

ToñoGK Member

7. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

any word on the flashing speed being backported to the original ED64 yet

8. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

definitely not in nearest few months

9. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

Hey everyone, another noob here with a few questions. Just bought my ED64 off of Rertogate.com today. I already know about the CIC lockout in the carts. Got my ED64 with the 6102. I know of the 2 games that use 6105, another uses a 6103, and PAL regions use another chip I can't remember the number to right now. I want to know if there are other CIC models out there and if it would be possible to make them be swapped out for the games that don't uses the common 6102. Have a plug in the PCB for the CIC chip to plug into. Is that possible? If so, then in theory, all 100% of the N64 game collection SHOULD be playable on ED64.

10. StoneAgeGamer

I have no idea what you are exactly asking, but the 6102 should cover you for all games except Banjo Tooie and Jet Force Gemini.

11. sonicdude10

I want to know if I can change the chip to the 6105 to play those games then change it back to the 6102 for everything else. Solder a socket to the PCB to plug the chips into.

12. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

you really need a pain in ass just for be able to play banjo tooie? better forget about banjo, that's all. once i will fix boot emulator, or somebody will make the hack for this game. you can do that, but probably you will not be able to close the shell if cic socket will be used.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  13. StoneAgeGamer

It would just be easier to buy Banjo Tooie than swapping out chips. I would jsut give it time, KRIKzz will probably fix boot loader eventually to work with 6105 better.

14. sonicdude10

You all are right. Be better to wait for the boot loader. I really don't care for these 2 games anyway. Just wanted them to have the complete N64 game collection in 1 cartridge. Be perfect if i ever build a handheld N64. All those games at my fingertips...

15. gray.fullbusterzzz

gray.fullbusterzzz Rising Member

Is it possible for 6103 games to be patched to use 6102 bootcode? That might fix the 6103 problem.

16. spoonman

spoonman Rising Member

True, but the same could be said for DSP on the Super EverDrive. Most of those old DSP1 games are only a couple bucks to buy.

I think it's more about people wanting perfection. I dealt with all of this back when my Doctor 64 couldn't play roms < 256mbits. I just bought the extra 5 games that wouldn't play on it, but the OCD side of me always wanted it to be 100% compatible. You can't blame people for wanting what they want. ;)

Like Krikzz said, a bootemu/hack for BK2 will probably come much sooner than a dual CIC chip solution which is fine by me.
    Why kill another donor cart when you don't need to.

17. gray.fullbusterzzz

gray.fullbusterzzz Rising Member

To me 100% compatibility is for keeping less clutter where you store your games and the convenience of keeping all the games on one cart. As for SNES games Star Ocean needs a repro cart to get it in English. I've made a Star Fox 2 repro with success (though it won't fit into a case), but Star Ocean and the PAL hack of SMRPG failed.

18. sonicdude10

I got a weird question. I am having a custom label for my Everdrive 64 made. The company printing it off needs dimensions. So it is this: What is the height and width of an N64 cartridge label? I need it to the top most part of the curved section. I would appreciate the measurements in millimeters if possible.

19. ViperVisor

ViperVisor Member

I have tried to find it but does this support use of a physical GameShark?

I ordered my EverDrive64 on Sunday how long is the wait you other guys have had in America?

Keeping carts in good working order is a pain. Dusting off my old stuff you are lucky to get them to boot on the 1st time. This will make it almost painless to play my games. All I need to have within reach is Banjo Tooie and I don't have Jet Force Gemini but compared to most Rare games on 64 it is cheap.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  20. StoneAgeGamer

I am not sure if it was a fluke or not, but last guy on here who used a game shark with the ED64 did not end well. His Game Shark somehow got flashed with the ED64 OS.