Ever play a game for so long you have dreams it's real?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Sep 14, 2013.

1. FireAza

FireAza Shake! Shake!

I tend to dream about fictional games instead of existing ones. No idea why.

2. Plorp

Plorp Rising Member

Silent Hill 2 gave me the most horrfying dreams ive ever had the first time I played it from start to finish. Probably didnt help that I played it at night with all the lights off and waring noise cancelling headphones.

3. goldenband

goldenband Spirited Member

When I was a kid, I had a couple nightmares based on Dungeons of Daggorath for the Tandy Color Computer. (For those who haven't played it, it's a first-person, wireframe, real-time RPG/adventure with an intense, creepy/suspenseful atmosphere. Way ahead of its time.)

4. Garrethking

Garrethking Rapidly Rising Member

Hahaha. Good man!

5. MYCRAFTisbest

MYCRAFTisbest Peppy Member

I have no memory of any dream.

Although, for whatever reason, I remember most of my memories in 3rd person. By this, I mean real memories of actual life. Exceptions to this are video games, where I remember only the image on screen, and driving, where I remember it normally.
    I assume this might have something to do with video games influencing my brain to think as such. That or possibly my ADHD is to blame.

PRE-POST EDIT: Actually, I do remember one thing that I am not sure what it is. It is a memory of my friend having a hacked Wii (homebrew channel) to play a modified Brawl with. Said friend denies ever hacking the Wii and I haven't thought of it until this thread jogged my memory.

6. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I made a thread a really long time ago about me being in a game where my main weapon was an Axe. game seemed pretty awesome, then I woke up

7. Rogue

Rogue Intrepid Member

I dream about many many things related to games. Pokémon, Nights, Tomb Raider, Sonic, Blast Corps, Diablo, to name a few. Actually I believe that I have had dreams about a lot of games. Even simple games. Even things like Windows environment or house cleaning.

And I remember some weird effects in me after playing maybe for several hours for various days games like Tomb Raider, Duke Nukem 3D, Diablo, Pokémon, Zelda...

Nothing really bad, just funny effects like going to the supermarket and having that strange feeling that those shelves could be jumped over or the way that I see the street while walking being "unnatural". The perspective is a bit affected for a while.
    But I consider that pretty natural. The same happens when I spend the whole day wall climbing. The perspective of being hanged stays for a while.
    I suppose the same happens while someone spend a whole day driving. But I'm not there yet cause I don't have a driver's license lol