Ever play a game for so long you have dreams it's real?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Sep 14, 2013.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

Ok so my Laptop is broken and out for repairs (broken Hinge, also having them fix a crack) I've been passing the time by playing Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate. The other night I had a dream that Kasumi was real. YEAH... This isn't the first time when Sonic Adventure 2 came out I played it so much I was having dreams I was on the Space Colony Arkamajig becuase I was playing that so much.

I can't be the ONLY person this happens to.

Oh and the strange thing is too, I don't even Main as Kasumi, I Main as Hitomi and Christie....

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

I once had a dream based on the Sonic world like 13 years ago. (I was 10.) What happened was I had just finished Sonic 3 and went to bed. The dream started out where I was Sonic running through a forest that had real growth but genetically modified. The ground was a concrete floor and there was a roof overhead around 1,000 foot or more up. Eggbutt (LOL) was chasing me on foot as I ran. We finally came to a clearing that was rather dark with an artificial light blue glow coming from seemingly nowhere. At this point Eggy was trying to kill me. Not the "Imma capture and torture you to death" sort of kill, but the evil, demonic, pure rage driven sort of kill where you are nothing but a red smear when done. I was fleeing for my life. Every so often when Eggy got too close with his weapons (still don't know what they were to this day) I would jump and pounce his head. this caused Eggbutt to be stunned for a few seconfs and allow me to get a bit further ahead. After doing this 8 times, Eggman just stopped, stood there, and proceeded to crack in half revealing the inside contents of an egg. I was so confused by this I woke up.

Am I messed up in the head?

3. GodofHardcore

At least my dream was the normal Bang Kasumi dream that is to be expected from playing DOA for hours on end.

Wait we were taking about you and sonic... Yeah that seems normal for a dream.

Now I'm going back to bed... date with Kasumi....

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  4. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

I had a lot of game dreams during my childhood. I remember, once I had dreamed about a 3D R-Type, flying through the 1st stage and encounter with the 1st lvl boss face to face slowly coming out of the dark!!

5. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I've had lots of dreams about videogames. I've had several games that either involved Half Life or very closely resembled Half Life. I've had a few dreams where I was in Apprehension (in Half Life), and I was swimming through one of the tanks - and it seemed to go on forever. I was looking for something, but I don't remember what it was. I remember shortly after I got the original Crash Bandicoot game, I was playing it for hours immediately before I went to bed, and I had a dream that I was Crash - jumping over chasms and breaking boxes. Those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

6. Lamont

Lamont Site Supporter 2015

Final Fantasy VIII over and over and over and over again.... I completely broke the clock (it was purple and then I think it reset? Can't remember as I can't access my save games as it was on one of those shitty 2-in-1 memory cards with the dodge-y buttons) and had lots of dreams about summoning Guardian Forces.

That, space and lots of dreams of either being Sorceress Edea or Sorceress Ultimecia (yeah, WTF I know).

It tends to happen to me quite a bit so I'm not really surprised to hear about it from others though typically I only tend to hear it from my female friends in contrast to occasionally hearing it from my male friends outside of my partner telling me about having a weird dream from time to time.

7. f2bnp

f2bnp Peppy Member

Not anymore I think, I do remember having a dream about being inside Warcraft III and being hunted by Orc Grunts. Thankfully, I broke the 4th wall and pressed F10 and exited the game (or rather dream).

8. Garrethking

Garrethking Rapidly Rising Member

I bet it was a wet dream!

9. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Call of Duty 3 on the 360... play any game for a ridiculous amount of time and you'll end up dreaming about it, the images seem to get burnt into the retina of the eye and just hang there.

10. Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim Enthusiastic Member

11. Twimfy

Twimfy Site Supporter 2015

I'm a very lucid dreamer but I don't think I've ever had a game related dream. My dreams are usually about people I haven't seen for a long long time.

12. GodofHardcore

I did bang her in the dream...

because of COURSE I DID. One does not have a DOA dream with out banging a DOA girl.

13. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

I'd remembered i had dream about being in Silent Hill when my cousin brought it over to my house during that one night with my older brother & cousins on my PS2 of course lol, so i was scared as shit & tried watching some late night tv shows, so once i'd finally knocked i ended up in the Ghost Town (The beginning of the game) and i was wonderously walking around & i'd seen the same creatures from the game, once i heard it i'd ran looking a place to hid but instead i ended up in a blocked alley path with the enemies creeping in and started getting closer once that happened i woke up as fast as i could & stayed up then.

14. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

Not that I can recall. But I did once play so much Tetris in the 90's, that I woke up from sleep walking and had neatly stacked and organized everything in my room before I was aware of it.

15. thesonygamer3

thesonygamer3 Spirited Member

yes i have i had a dreem about persona 4 once i dream t i was in the tv world and a bunch of shadows where about to kill me

16. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

I recently dreamed about finishing all the mods I want to do to my original Xbox system. I've been messing with it so much lately that I find myself thinking about it before I realise what's happening. Not really a dream of a game but I figured it's close enough since I'm modding a console.

17. Lamont

That does remind me - I absolutely cannot fall asleep listening to all of the Persona 3 soundtracks. Had a dream about being in the Velvet Room and my partner was dressed as Theodore and was like "WTF am I supposed to do with these tarot cards!?", that's about all I remember from it aside from it was really funny and he agreed to do some Persona cosplay with me at a later point in time when we get the chance to go to some other conventions.

18. Punch

Punch RIP AsssemblerGames, never forget.

Getting chased by Nemesis in my dreams never gets old. I must have dreamed the same thing a dozen times since I played RE3.

19. VIRACY

VIRACY Spirited Member

Yeah, I agree with the Tetris game issue. Also, DDR may be for the same reason, but I'd fall asleep seeing the scrolling arrows. And just like that sensation of falling off the bed that would wake you up immediately, my feet would kick in response to the arrow and it would wake me.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  20. Lamont

You'd probably want to avoid the Clock Tower series with it's the spiritual successor DEMENTO/Haunting Ground and the Siren series too then if you've had that happen. >_<;

I haven't had those ones happen to me but my partner has.... Probably didn't help that my Mother thought it would be hilarious to mock-threaten him with the largest pair of garden sheers she has (she doesn't play video games so it was a complete and utter fluke she did that the night after he got a bad ending in Clock Tower 2).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013