EPROM Question

Discussion in 'Dumping and Backing Up Your Games and Prototypes' started by Nighty, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Nighty

Nighty Rising Member

Hello :)

I would need the help of a Prototype-Hardware Expert...

I recently got another stack of Prototypes.
    With them, there is one small box with Eproms inside.

First, the SNES Prototype is not recognized by my Retrode.
    The game should be Pretty Fighter (as written on the eproms)
    Do you have any idea how to get it working? Maybere there is one Eprom Missing? Is there any way to figure that out?

Second, as seen on the Photo, one Eprom is "Ghoul Patrol".
    Can i use the Pretty Fighter Board for the Ghoul Patrol Eprom? Which means, > remove Pretty Fighter Eproms ans insert Ghoul Patrol? If yes, in which Socket it has to be inserted? U1 i guess?

Third, the non titled Eproms - is there a way to find out for which system they are?
    Since the Gameboy Eproms and NES Eproms are looking different, i would guess they are Super Nintendo as well. Any Ideas how to find out whats on them? I dont have an Eprom reader :-(

Sorry for the dumb questions - i´m just afraid i could mess them up if i do it wrong.

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Nighty

Attached Files:

2. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

I'd suggest just dumping the chips then examine the data. Could also just load up in emulators.

If you don't have the hardware for dumping the chips, I can do it for you at no charge and send you the data and chips back.

My rep should be good enough and I've dealt with sensitive data before without leaks (as I don't really care about playing protons and it's your stuff, not mine.)

zzattack likes this.
  3. Jackhead

Jackhead Site Soldier

if you have no exp with using epprom readers, you should stop first touching your eproms.
    The Reader from Sani is a good one dumping proto carts. But leave the chips on the cart ...
    Maybe you ask for help on your location. When i see that picture from you i get creazy ^^

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  4. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

You can edit the configuration file of the retrode to force system/size/mapper of the game being read which might help. What is showing up as being inserted in the Retrode when you try to read the game? An .sfc file that just doesn't play in an emulator, but has data? GenericROMinSNESSlot or whatever it is that the Retrode calls it? Nothing at all?

Oh, and make sure you have the game oriented properly - the EPROMs are the back side of the cartridge, and the solder side is the front side of the cartridge.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  5. Nighty

Nighty Rising Member

The Retrode is not detected in windows if the proto is inserted. With every other retail game, its detected when powered on.

Thanks for the dumping offer Bad_Ad84 - i‘ll might get back to it.