Epic Donald sequel to Epic Mickey series

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Buyatari, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

Disney illustrator Patrick Block is selling concept art for a canceled Epic Donald videogame on Ebay.
    I'd post the links to the auctions if it allowed here but mostly I'm posting this here because I was a big fan
    of Epic Mickey and this is th first I've heard of this game.

Here are some pictures from the auctions. He is a nice guy and was kind enough to answer questions about the project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings!

Walt Disney comic and gaming conceptual artist Pat Block here.

In 2012 I had the very great pleasure and honor of working with Warren Spector and Junction Point on a follow up to Disney's Epic Mickey and Epic Mickey II.

The game was to feature Donald Duck, Duckburg, and the assorted classic world clan. I worked hard on a "Carl Barks" based Duckburg, puling scenes of the town from his comics and doing my best to keep a 1950's feeling spirit about the game world.

Sadly, this was about the time Disney decided to switch over to it's current gaming, more tablet oriented gaming focus.

While we were fully paid for our conceptual work on the project, to date, it has not been made.

With the new DuckTales project in the works, I have hopes we still might see the game, with some of our work, get made.

I hope this helps!
    Very best, and thanks for the interest in our duck stuff.

Patrick

jrutz, speedyink, frogz2007 and 7 others like this.
  2. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

The first Epic Mickey is an underrated game.
    True it has some problems in the gameplay department (flawed camera system, not well highlighted choices, repetitive transition of the 2D levels) but it's a triumph at expressing Disney-ism.
    It really feel like the developer was a huge fan of Disney and want to put their love into the product.
    This is Epic Mickey greatest achievement and I'm saying it although I'm not a Disney fanatic, it's just the the care put into the world building and characters charm is so apparent to be unmissable.
    The gameplay is passable if simplicistic (for example the platforming) with some amusing moments brought by the adventure part and the choice system.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. Buyatari

They tried something different that felt new which is rare these days. It was also a good design for the Wii control system but as you say flawed in execution at times. The concept art for Epic Mickey I was also quite beautiful. Overall it needed some work but I liked it too.

4. UnrealNStuff

UnrealNStuff Robust Member

Awesome stuff! Never even knew this existed. Thanks for sharing!

5. Buyatari