Ecco 2 Beta files ?

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Evangelion, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Energy

Energy Spirited Member

Still hoping drx will release the working beta of ecco 2 [dc] at somepoint :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. Nemesis

Nemesis Peppy Member

Sorry to bump, but with the death of megaupload, these download links are now dead, and I didn't know of this thread until now. Does anyone still have the two original files which were uploaded here? If someone can upload them again, I'm willing to setup a permanent mirror. I'm curious to take a look at these files, and I don't want them to disappear forever.

3. iNub

iNub Rapidly Rising Member

IIRC the files "DIR4.7z" and "LOSTFILE.7z" were originally posted here, at least I have some .par2 files named "ecco2" that refer to them:

DIR4.7z on jumbofiles
    DIR4.7z on multiupload

LOSTFILE.7z on jumbofiles
    LOSTFILE.7z on multiupload

But don't get your hopes up too high, they don't contain too much interesting info, especially nothing usable.

P.S.: MegaUpload didn't die a natural death, it was brutally murdered. I personally hate the fucking fatass who ran it for some stuff that lays in the past, but what happened there was definitely not right, asshole or not.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  4. shifted

shifted Robust Member

So drx was not able to make it further with dumping the beta files?

5. Blai

Blai Enthusiastic Member

He said he had problems with his Dreamcast unit and gave up on ripping the GD-R..

6. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

I'm also curious to know what happened to DRX's copy? I remember some talk about going through a number of DC units - and breaking them... I think a forum member even sent him one at one point?

Would be nice to know if the disc ever worked at any point? Although I'm guessing it didn't at this point.

7. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

I'd send him one if it meant the thing would be dumped.

8. neoblast

neoblast Robust Member

We need a physical dump from the hdd, so we could even get "deleted" files and the binary could still be there but deleted.

There are programs to do that, ill update when I see one.

9. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

This is how the public files were recovered already, hence the corrupted files. What we really need is a dump from the gd-r drx has, but I think he's afraid of the legal consequenes of releasing that, IIRC the compagny that bough the rights to ecco contacted him some years ago about that.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  10. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

Didn't drx disappear or leave the community around the beginning of the year? I dunno what happened but he disabled the downloads on his site and closed the discussion on his forum about possible further community releases. I hope he didn't run into any legal trouble, that would really suck.

11. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017