Ebay hall of shame

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by ASSEMbler, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Ergot_Cholera

Ergot_Cholera Flaccid Member

16 sold!!?

2. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

Wooow, I haven't noticed this ! This is probably worst than the price itself ! Haha

I can't see how 16 people can buy this....

3. awesomeNES

awesomeNES Peppy Member

4. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

*facepalm*

5. sonicsean89

sonicsean89 Site Soldier

It's been a while since I've cracked open an N64, but...that's just a regular MOBO, isn't it?

Also I love how those GC controllers are the ones you can get brand new for $10 each. Wonderful.

6. awesomeNES

awesomeNES Peppy Member

I think it's a mobo from a japanese console and the guy threw away the shells to make up a story that they came from a "rare" American console.

7. james2452

james2452 X360

Do not trust seller.... edit will update

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  8. kennypecheur

Nes Mini Classic being out of stock on its first day in France, stupid people are already spending huge money (two times the retail price) on it over ebay. Damn I hate ebay !

upload_2016-11-14_14-53-22.png

upload_2016-11-14_14-55-28.png

9. A Toubib

A Toubib Midnight Xbox Crew

Nintendo dropped the ball on a launch again? No... Nintendo never does that lol.

10. MoonTar

MoonTar Site Supporter 2014

These types of things are just sellers jacking up the price so they don't sell the last in their inventory to get around Ebay's rules and fees. The 16 that sold were at the original price of $29.99.

kennypecheur likes this.
  11. SO Remixer

SO Remixer Lovely Sweet Dream

I always thought part of Nintendo and Sony's launch plan was to intentionally have a shortage tho, like with the Wii and PS4

12. kennypecheur

This can indeed be a marketing thing. But Nintendo was maybe not ready for a such success. Moreover, they where maybe looking to sell a first batch of these Mini NES before Christmas. Only 100 000 for all France. This is few ! But as Nintendo said, this is not a limited release, so I don't really understand why people want to pay this much for a temporary sold out item.

13. Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim Enthusiastic Member

I dunno if a manufacturer would intentionally have a shortage, but at the same time you really wouldn't want to have millions of unsold units. I reckon they just got caught out on how many they thought they would sell, it's not very often a first party manufacturer releases a retro unit so it would have been hard for them to judge the numbers.

In any case, here's my contribution from what used to be my favourite eBay seller, until they went batshit crazy with their postage prices. How heavy is 6 'books' anyway????
    [​IMG]

14. MonkeyBoyJoey

MonkeyBoyJoey 70's Robot Anime GEPPY-X (PS1) Fanatic

That is insane! I seriously hope nobody pays that much.

You do have a point there on the manufacturing thing. Also those must be some pretty thick books haha! I've seen that stuff with video game items. It makes me wonder if they are doing that on purpose or if they got misquoted at the post office.

15. kennypecheur

Sadly, there are several bids....People are really stupid !

16. Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim Enthusiastic Member

Nah, it's definitely on purpose. They use to be semi-reasonable, $7 or so for a cart posted, it's now $11. I think they realised they were selling stuff for waaay too cheap and are trying to make it back on the postage. Have a look at the rest of their stuff:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=yamatoku-classic&_sop=16
    The PS3 P&P I can sortof understand as those things are pretty heavy, but $160 shipping! And really, does a Dreamcast cost $90 to ship?? And oh my, 6 Dreamcast games at a whopping $87 P&P alone.....

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  17. gaming247

gaming247 Site Supporter 2015

Even worse, if I remember right... They are not blocked by chip, it's a physical notch in the cart slot (gray plastic under the little doors) that's the only difference. So any American console will play Japanese games if you remove or cut the cart slot on top of the console.

So $160 for a stock US mobo. We're all gonna be rich. Perhaps a separate listing for a *rare* empty N64 "demo" shell?? :rolleyes:

kennypecheur likes this.
  18. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

You're right, I have a "modified" Japanese Ocarina of Time cart our exchange student bought and cut up slightly when he was here. Works just fine on my US system. It's just a physical block that can fairly easily be removed.

19. awesomeNES

awesomeNES Peppy Member

Yeah or you could just swap the back half of the shell with an American game.

20. Ergot_Cholera

Ergot_Cholera Flaccid Member

The reason for Yamatoku's shipping price increase is they send everything registered now. Probably too many people trying to con them with SAL shipping.

DS2, DeChief and Digmac like this.