Ebay Discussions (all). Ebay item links and USER auction links

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by ASSEMbler, May 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. urisma

urisma <B>Site Supporter 2012</B>

The 500 buy it now was a mistake. I honestly don't remember doing that. I bought it because A) I wanted to look at it and B) I wanted to resell it. I got it through a private deal with a guy who didn't know how valuable it was. My plan the whole time was to look at it then flip it. I probably look like a bastard posting it in a whopping 2 places on line (I figured that it'd spread to a few other places). It's just good business, I think.

2. 3rdman

3rdman Spirited Member

3. segaloco

segaloco Enthusiastic Member

So let me get this straight. You conned someone out of this that had no idea what they had and now you're going and selling it and making a profit? Does it bug you even slightly that you've taken horrible advantage of the poor guy that sold it to you? I'm sorry, but people who do that are the lowest of the low in my economic book :-(

Consumed likes this.
  4. urisma

urisma <B>Site Supporter 2012</B>

Conn him? I did no such thing. The seller did absolutely no research on the item's worth, how to find out the item's worth, or how to get the word out he actually had it. Hell, I bought it for about $60 more than the local offers he had gotten. I'd have bought the PS3 test unit he sold for $375 if I had the money and I would not have gone back and flipped that. I'd go and buy his XDK and wii dev kits too if I had the money. Buy low, sell high. It's economics. I honestly have zero regrets for taking advantage of a deal that wasn't thought out on the other person's end.

5. kiff

kiff <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

So if you had the chance to buy something for $100 that was actually worth $1,000 you would tell the seller he was undercharging you and pay the $1,000???

I think I have heard just about everything now...

6. Keiji Dragon

Keiji Dragon Enthusiastic Member

I know I have no business butting in this.

But, indeed. Why would you mention that to the seller at all? Honor? Wouldn't you, instinctively take the deal and forgot the seller? After all, you may be getting a deal that you may never ever have again.

7. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

I'd never really thought about i, but I guess my rule is, if I buy it through the internet, I don't feel too bad about reselling it through the internet. It only gets murky when it's with friends, family or people I know, like if a mate or someone I work with is selling me their old Saturn for £20 and I don't point out that he could get £80 for the pristine Panzer Dragoon Saga that's included then I'd feel like a cunt. If I find a Saturn bundle £20 BIN on ebay with PDZ included and I turn it around for a profit though, tough shit. You were in the same marketplace as me and you didn't do your homework.

Maybe everyone's forgetting he bought the 3DS for $420 on ebay. The auction is right there in this thread.

8. Tomcat

Tomcat Familiar Face

9. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

so basically youre a pos flipper who scammed some dude out of somethign valuable, k

10. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

I'd tell them they had something valuable, since I don't like seeing people get swooped on by people of questionable integrity

11. thelastuser

thelastuser Peppy Member

"I love what you're selling, and am interested in purchasing... really! but you see, the price..... well it's just too low"

ROFL!!!

12. kiff

kiff <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Now I have definitely heard it all!

13. ShovelThumb

ShovelThumb Gutsy Member

Yeah.. ridiculous.

14. Consumed

Consumed Fiery Member

Really? You didn't once think it would run unsigned code and betas or possibly even ROMS or ISO's? Somehow I don't think so. I bet the minute you realized your prize bargain was a white elephant you thought 'shit, I've copped a duffer here'. That's why you kept stressing over on GBAtemp that it was all but useless because that way if someone bought it they couldn't get a chargeback through PayPal for false advertising.

15. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

I personally don't see a problem with buying to resell. I did it a few times where I wanted one game, but it came with a bundle and splitting it up to sell made my money back and more and times when I've bought bundles purely for reselling. I see things like that happening particuarly when parents are chucking out their kids things.

16. CoolMod

CoolMod Peppy Member

17. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

18. Rogue

Rogue Intrepid Member

19. IcarusNick

IcarusNick Spirited Member

20. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011