Earthbound 3 for N64/DD64

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ASSEMbler, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

I've gotten some questions from people and was wondering if people had leads on this, as I am completely ignorant of the series.

Attainable?

2. Calpis

Calpis Champion of the Forum

About as attainable as Final Fantasy 64.

3. madhatter256

madhatter256 Illustrious Member

Yet the pictures of Earthboun64/ Mother3 were, in fact, actual gameplay footage running on the hardware. Its looked up somewhere in Nintendo I think. We will never know.

4. Yeah, definately more attainable than FF64, as this was actually worked on in both cart and 64DD form. I've never seen it surface, but it is supposed to be about 30% complete or so.

So a little less attainable than BH 1.5, methinks.

5. ASSEMbler

I would say I'll put out an offer of $3000 for either EB3 or FF64

6. Calpis

Calpis Champion of the Forum

Earthbound was like Doshin, it was going to be on cartridge then cancelled at the last moment (well Doshin was moved to DD), I even saw posters in Funcoland for Earthbound. How the hell is one going to turn up? One won't. You'll have to get into some elite Japanese collector circles to get information on that kind of stuff.

7. neomatrix

neomatrix Intrepid Member

8. ASSEMbler

Wow, that sure is a page named after one obscure peripheral.

Too bad that vid is of a sports game, sports games don't age too well.

9. Earthbound 64/Mother 3 started with 64DD, then as it quickly faded out was moved to a normal N64 cart release. The playable version shown at Spaceworld 1999 was from the cart version, I believe, but I'm not certain.

It's one of those things that could be either or - Ape is a fairly big developer on the Nintendo team, but not quite as big as Intelligent Systems or whatever the hell R&D1 has become nowadays, so there's either the chance that a proto could slip like with Echo Delta from Marigul, or it could be locked down tight like the original Zelda 64DD. I'd love to see one surface... then again, I'd like to see Ape or whoever's in charge of it now get their act together and put the new Mother 3 out on Gamecube or DS! :angry

And while I'm wishing, I'd like Giftpia to come stateside too... :smt009

10. neomatrix

neomatrix Intrepid Member

I have beta Zelda 64DD only work video display but when I start the games only I black screen
    I have u.s.a nintendo 64 and z-64 japanese dd4

11. kammedo

kammedo and the lost N64 Hardware Docs

$3000 bucks??? Holy Sh*t!!! :prayer: :smt030

12. Flyinghigh

Flyinghigh Peppy Member

you have a beta version of Zelda 64 for the DD???

13. drummy

drummy Guest

YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT HE SAID!? :smt043 :smt042

Just kidding.

14. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

I have an article on Earthbound 64, but it's not even a full page. It does have some screenshots, though. I think it was Purge that actually played the game at Spaceworld '99 (maybe not, I can't remember too well)?

15. Flyinghigh

Flyinghigh Peppy Member

no i only saw some strange english :smt043

16. Shiggsy

Shiggsy Enthusiastic Member

He was probably talking about the planned 64dd zelda that was similar to OoT....what was it called....Ura zelda? the one that they included on a gamecube disc. someone extracted it from a gamecube disc and you could then play it on your N64 with a backup unit.

Shiggsy

17. the_steadster

the_steadster Site Soldier

Wasnt the actual Zelda DD going to be everything miyamoto wanted in OOT - like when you chop off a sign it stays chopped down - A full consequence system

18. Yeah, I think Zelda was originally slated to be released on the 64DD, but because of delays it got bumped up to a cart release, and Miyamoto started working on Zelda 64DD, which was supposedly the way he wanted it to be in the first place - a persistant world where everything you did was reflected throughout the game - such as chopping down signs. He had some other lofty ideals for it as well, but I can't remember what they were, but just like with the signs, they never made it into what we got on the Zelda collector's disc that was released as the "Master Quest". I thought I was even reading somewhere that Master Quest is NOT the 64DD Zelda add-on that was in development, but I'm not quite sure.

19. CJPC

CJPC Guest

I WISH i could get ahold of ZeldaDD, was COMPLETED, but never released :/

20. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

From an interview gamespot posted around wind wakers release, miyamoto expressed how master guest(ura) was really ment more of an add on,however he did say some features from the 64dd version had to be cut, but he didnt say what they were.As for the early verrsion that everone has seen, that version was fully scrapped, however it is been said from many sources that that version is still in nintendos main headquarters, however it was never finshed. I was reading igns take on it in their hyrule times artical and they said that the reason why that version never got finished was that the world with in it was too big, so the game got cut a bit to fit on a cartrdge, which included changing the story so aruptly thourgh development. Also its know that miyamoto even said they were experimenting with stuff in the game alot durring development. Still i would have love to play the orignal dd version that was in development, i bet it was a bit longer.