NOTICE E.U. Article 13 passing, and ramifications.

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by ASSEMblergames_Admin, Jun 20, 2018.

1. ASSEMblergames_Admin

ASSEMblergames_Admin Administrator

As of today, the E.U. nations go down the dark path of repression masquerading as user "rights" and "copyright protection" in an attempt to muzzle the free peoples of the EU.

E.U. Article 13 can best be summed up by this: "(sites must) filter all submissions against a database of copyrighted works"

The goal was to make platforms directly liable for all copyright infringements by their users, and then offer that they can avoid that unreasonable liability if they can show they’ve done everything in their power to prevent copyrighted content from appearing online – namely, by deploying upload filters (Article 13, paragraph 4)

ASSEMblergames.com is an American site, based in the United States, and as such is not under any obligation to obey onerous foreign laws, nor run all posts through content filters. In this country we have freedom of speech, and offensive words and ideas are an individual responsibility. Freedom of speech is not freedom from societal consequences; people who spout vile things like holocaust denial become social outcasts, and a rational free individual easily and readily makes the judgment that such people are repugnant.

In the E.U. such people are jailed, and the discussion of the events becomes a topic full of land mines, it stifles discussion as one must avoid real legal consequences simply having a conversation. The "Devil's advocate" debate, something respected since antiquity by the great Greek scholars is now a criminal offense in the E.U. The firmly muzzle is on the face, the reins now turn the heads of the public to whatever the masters wants the public to think see, and believe.

As of today we must issue a warning: E.U. users are using an American site; by there being no censorship or filtering being here may break laws in your nation. You are advised to watch what you say, do, and think lest your leaders jail you for having incorrect thoughts.

-ASSEMbler

americandad, nold and TerdFerguson like this.
  2. TerdFerguson

TerdFerguson ls ~/

kevin is based

i saw a whole elaborate video on how they want to regulate memes with article 13, went in my history to link it but it seems to be gone

americandad likes this.
  3. Dracarys

Dracarys Rapidly Rising Member

Any source for that or are you just saying whatever you want to beleive?

NexTheReal likes this.
  4. NexTheReal

NexTheReal Just call me Nex

just geoblock the entire EU already, then I'm finally forced to stop using this site

skarpo01, wanszai, DeChief and 4 others like this.
  5. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Gutsy Member

The plot thiccens...

NexTheReal likes this.
  6. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Classic kev.

7. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Article 13 is fucking shit. It's a mess and complete authoritarian garbage but please for the love of god refer yourself to the last post I made when you went on one of these rants:

>...

>Holy fucking shit please go and see and see an actual expert on this before you end up getting slapped with a whopper of a fine and kill the site. I can't say for certain you're not exempt, but I can say for certain you haven't bothered seeing any kind of legal expert as there is no way on earth they would issue you with a " 'MERICA STRONG. EU COMMIES"-esque statement to put out.

>This is just bizarre and strange. You have no idea if the GDPR will be full blown adopted by the US - look at the privacy shield for crying out loud. The US is more than willing to work with the EU.

DeChief and NexTheReal like this.
  8. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Of course he's not going to bother seeing a legal expert, he doesn't care dude. His actions over the past 1.5 years have clearly indicated that.

system likes this.
  9. Droid III

Droid III Rising Member

Interesting that you would use that specific argument, since the majority of Europe has laws to penalize those who denial the holocaust while the USA does not. Perhaps "a rational free individual should easily and readily make the judgment that such a country is repugnant.

Of course this is a horrible argument on my side for several reasons, amongst them: the law I mentioned is essentially censorship and should not exist in a free country, freedom of speech indeed does not protect you from others thinking you said something stupid, and that the opinion that others form of you due to your words and actions may not be the opinion they form as free thinking individuals, but instead be the commonly held/perpetuated opinions, that they accept and repeat without looking further behind the rationality of your words and actions (ie. sheep mentality).

But that is not the point. The point is that you should brush up on your public speaking (or rather, writing) skills. Because you have been repeatedly calling out others (from individual persons to international laws), but you do so by making claims and observations that make you look ignorant at best, extremely unintelligent at worst.

10. Nully

Nully Dauntless Member

Lol Assembler, you're on the wrong website man. Keep it centrist for the sake of the topic of retro gaming preservation and hacking.

Oakleaf, Taijigamer2 and Traace like this.
  11. Traace

Traace Rapidly Rising Member

Base frame of this statement: "USA does never censor, EU does censore all time, and Paris is the capital of Germany"

Whistleblowers would disagree

12. Hiccup

Hiccup Robust Member

Another weird alt-right conspiracy post...

dizzzy likes this.
  13. notataco64

notataco64 Spirited Member

As a young nation with no culture, we Americans have no right to criticize our European superiors as they build Utopia. As we look to Brussels with awe and jealousy, so they look to mighty nations like India, China, and Egypt for inspiration and cues on how to build up a flourishing society. We should learn from our mistakes throughout the 20th century and stop getting in the way of all their brilliant ideas. /s

BetaGuy64, iStreet and theps1master like this.
  14. Hiccup

Hiccup Robust Member

What makes you think the EU thinks India, China and Egypt are good role models?

Logi26 likes this.
  15. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Sarcasm.

Though in this particular case, I feel like the EU is actually emulating the USA with the internationally overreaching laws, so the sarcasm is less biting.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  16. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

This. USA has for many years created laws that affected us all, so they have no right to whine.

17. notataco64

At times in the past, I've been told that Americans have "no right" to comment on European affairs for various reasons. Among them, the idea that "we're a young nation that wouldn't understand" is popular, as if being born within an older country guarantees a higher payout of knowledge and wisdom. It's a stupid argument and one that plenty of smug Europeans use, at least until they look at much older nations in disgust too.

Thanks to the 1st amendment, we do.

18. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Only acceptable situation for that argument: "The maintenance and restoration of millennia old infrastructures".

BetaGuy64 likes this.
  19. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Depends what you mean. It only stops the government from stopping your whining. In public, not so much.

I have never heard of this European argument you speak of, maybe its because the UK is only "kinda" European (and not for much longer!).

Taijigamer2 likes this.
  20. notataco64

Fair enough. Farming techniques might have some pull to them as well.

I suppose I could be hit in the face with a shovel out in public. There's always hope for tomorrow.
    Is there a set date for Britain to fully withdraw from the EU yet? (edit: typo fix)