Dumping PS4 Kiosk Discs

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Development (4,Pro)' started by dizzzy, Jul 31, 2018.

1. dizzzy

dizzzy Rapidly Rising Member

Unlike retail PS4 discs which dump reliably, dumping these official Kiosk discs (BD-R) results in different hashes/checksums every time. Does anyone know how to get a perfect dump of these? I'm trying to put them into redump.org + share.

[​IMG]

2. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Show me a picture of the back of the disc please

3. dizzzy

Here it is, thanks for taking a look
    [​IMG]

4. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

So if there's no PS logo on those and those really are just straight burned discs, your solution would likely be one of the following.

1) Get a PS4 on 5.05, Use some exploits, set it into IDU mode (which is kiosk mode), reboot, prevent it from updating because it will seriously try, leave OMSK (theres a button combo on the devwiki), run more exploits, and try dumping it from there
    2) Try doing this on a development system, which has a possibility to work but I cant honestly say it will.

If you want to have me try it you could upload an ISO (just use imgburn) and I can fiddle around with it.

5. dizzzy

Well I'm able to get a mountable disc image to dump w DIC and ISO Buster, but it's a question of integrity of the rom. I'm looking for a perfect dump. Do you think some sort of encryption is causing the varied hash/checksums issue? If you're in the US and interested in taking a stab at getting a perfect dump, I could ship you one of these discs, but otherwise I suppose I'll just release the assets undatted (which would be a blow to the preservation aspect).

6. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I'm in the US but I dont need them physically shipped to me. The best bet is to get as 1:1 a raw copy as you can since these lack certain stuff the pressed discs do. There's been something I've been meaning to try out and that's loading a disc pkg as an hdd pkg and that's kinda hard to find right now though this may work.
    @Borman may have a disc imaging software solution for you for a raw copy