Duke Nukem Forever

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by TheLamer, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Mr. Casual

Mr. Casual Champion of the Forum

DNF is going to be Daikatana times 100....million.

2. PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii Champion of the Forum

Has there been ANY news on this games status this year or anything?

3. Jasonkhowell

Jasonkhowell Well Known Member

You know what is sad? This thread was created a year ago. Speculating when they would release it. We have next to no info on it.

4. zappenduster

zappenduster Familiar Face

sad is that duke nukem forever got into development when i didnt even had internet i think :noooo:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  5. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

I've written Duke Nukem Forever off as a joke. I'm sure George Broussard would bust a blood vessel if he heard one more person talk shit about the game, but it's frankly just stupid at this stage.

If the 2001 build were ever available, I'd be happy with just that. Honestly, though, I think more people want the game to come out simply because it is "Duke Nukem Forever," rather than the sequel to Duke Nukem 3D.

6. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

I know what you mean...

I mean Duke 3D was great back in the day, and there's been everything from expansion packs to console ports to brand new games made for consoles. And really, they were all just okay.

I've played much better FPS in my life. But, being a member of 3d realms board and hearing the constant claims of the games supposed 'greatness' has kept me interested.

And plus, the fact its been in development forever makes me hope there doing something amazing.

You know your right they should've continued work on the 2001 build and released that. then they could've made money, and worked on a sequel that would improve on any issues the game had.

7. TheDeathcoaster

TheDeathcoaster Game Developer

<sarcasm>Duke Nukem Whenever will be so mind-blowingly fantasmic that 3D Realms had to delay it. Its so good they never get any work done, they all just play it constantly.</sarcasm>

8. Gamemaster14XIV

Gamemaster14XIV The Master of All Games

I personally amd still hoping for this game to come out some day,

Until then there is the Duke Nukem 3d High Resolution pack which not only runs the game in windows xp and features high resolution. It also adds 3d models to the game and high resolution textures. It almost feels like playing a new or remade game. I would recommend anyone who is having a case of the dnf blues take a look.

You can find the fully updated pack and future updates at the following website (you will need the grp file from your original game):

http://hrpupdate.duke4.net

9. PhreQuencYViii

I still play DN3d with eduke32 and the HRP, but jesus! We need more Duke! but I have a feeling this new duke will suck if it does come out. I mean, every game after Duke 3D did, except maybe Manhatten Project.

10. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

If they finally name the final game Duke Nukem Forever, they re screwed. People will be expecting much more than anything possible to be released.

They re better of dong *just* a sequel to Duke 3d and name it whatever else, and while at it, make it clear in a press release that this is not DNForever, so they don't get burried by everyone.

11. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

You know, I've never even seen a single build of this Duke Nukem Forever. Are there any videos on the net from different builds?

Yakumo

12. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

13. PhreQuencYViii

There was some E3 videos of the old builds with some cool musics, but I can't remember where I found them...if the final game gets the axe they ought to just release what they have and have the community finish it. But hey, Prey came out and I thought it was pretty good....my old DN3D has a ton of pics of the early prey, and I have a DN music CD with some DNF stuff on it I think.

14. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

NIce one for the links. It really does look dated now doesn't it ! When was the last build shown?

Yakumo

15. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

The last build was shown in 2001, and apparently nothing has been saved from that version.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  16. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  17. Barc0de

I ll be honest, I can wait for DNF.

I like my Duke. I don't want him rushed, nor failing because of people's uber expectations.

make him a launch title for the next XBOX or PS console and see how he sells :p

18. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

I'm sure that DNF will be completed one day, but not if the developers keep trying to futureproof the engine it uses. Why can't they just accept that technology always keeps moving, and instead simply produce a game worthy of Duke Nukem fans? Also, in addition to the 2001 build I seem to recall a single picture (supposedly from when the project was still being made with the Unreal graphics tools) in the final issue of Sega Saturn Magazine way back in 1998. There's no doubt this has to be one of the most criminally overhyped games of all time, but don't go writing it off just yet - hasn't 3D Realms made an agreement to finish it or else have to pay up a huge wad of cash in return that would probably bring the company down at the same time?

P.S. There already is a remake of Duke Nukem 3D that utilised polygonal technology instead of the raytraced original's graphics, and it was Lobotomy's stunning port for the oft-underestimated powerhouse that was the Sega Saturn!

19. Roi

Roi Intrepid Member

BELIEVE! :icon_bigg:lol:

[​IMG]
    source

20. Barc0de

Ah, the SlaveDriver engine. I m looking for the source of that one actually for some time.

3dRealms will "pay" someone if they fail to finish? That's a bit vague, and doesn't sound to me like a contract. Could you elaborate?