Duke Nukem Forever

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by TheLamer, Dec 15, 2005.

1. WolverineDK

WolverineDK music lover

Yeah, I remember some of the first Prey pictures, damn that was a sweet quake beater back in the days.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  2. Perkunas

Perkunas Intrepid Member

This might just be one of the biggest surprises of next year, though some have been saying that for over 7 years. ;)

3. zappenduster

zappenduster Familiar Face

looks like people forgot the daikatana desaster...

but otherwise half life 2 was a sucess (atleast in sales gameswise it depends) and it just came up like phoenix from the ashes

about prey they say it comes next year and yes it looks nice but until i hold the cds in my hand its all just hearsay... (i can still remember the stalker delay...)

4. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirlâ„¢

The modern first person shooter often has little more than a few clever physics effects and graphics that are only briefly at the cutting edge of PC technology, so if the developers of Duke Nukem Forever intend for their product to be released at all they'd better accept that it will probably never meet these requirements and quit switching engines so frequently. I don't expect it to become a total failure, as collectors will at least continue searching for the (what I presume to be) many early builds and we've already seen in the past that sequels to classic FPS titles - such as Doom, Wolfenstein and even Quake to a lesser extent - can be half successful even today. Whether this particular one ever makes it is not for me to say, though I should point out that Max Payne was promoted in the right way as being available "when it's done," which is a strategy the Duke Nukem team really should consider adopting for their project...

5. TheLamer

TheLamer Rapidly Rising Member

LINKED

After an interview with George Broussard , he made claims that the game is in full production . So do you think we will see it this year ??

6. TheDeathcoaster

TheDeathcoaster Game Developer

Isn't Prey launching this year? If so, I think DNF will be 2007. Or '08 or '09 or...

7. _skitzo_

_skitzo_ Guest

Could be a tool to draw hype, I dont see DNF coming out anytime soon. Been to long, and lost alot of it's steam.

8. Ringo

Ringo Guest

I saw a bunch of nice looking footage from god knows what build on Cinematech a few months back. The caption read "E3 version" I think. They showed a total for about 3-4 mins of play. It looked good. At one point Duke used a shrink gun and squished the enemy with his foot. Some of the characters looked almost on par with Alex from HL2.

I'd bet at least 5 different builds exist and its gonna be a hoot trying to see or obtain all of them.

Someone should try to get ahold of what Cinematech had/has.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2006
  9. mrlowalowa

mrlowalowa Guest

Do you still have any pictures? I red somewhere that a alpha version have been floating from
    Feb 2005.. Apperently without the ability to shoot enemies. I wonder where you might find stuff like that :) :icon_bigg

10. Sally

Sally Guest

That footage would be from either the '00 or '01 E3. I don't remember, my memory gets fuzzy when a game has been in development for over a decade. That build was completely scrapped. No code was ported to the version they're working on now.

11. Ringo

Ringo Guest

No, I never did have pictures. It was footage from a TV show, and no I didnt record it. Sorry.

12. TheLamer

LINKED

Even more interview goodness

To sum it up again they don't know , but they are allready planning a sequal to prey :crying: .

Come on at least gie us some teaser trailers or something .

13. TheLamer

14. Mr. Casual

Mr. Casual Champion of the Forum

15. KaL_YoshiKa

KaL_YoshiKa Commandent Lurker

Come on, they have to release it at some point...

16. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

At this stage the development costs must be so high they'll never break even. Wouldn't like to be in the shoes of the project leader.

I mean, it's been in development for ten years. Ten years, for fuck's sake. It's nice that they want to get it right, but nothing takes that long to develop and makes profit.

17. KaL_YoshiKa

KaL_YoshiKa Commandent Lurker

Well they could easily play to that in the advertising, saying it's not for the money but the game.

18. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  19. zappenduster

zappenduster Familiar Face

20. Nitrosoxide

Nitrosoxide Resolute Member

I'm looking forward to DNF still. I'm guessing its a 08 game.

But, I'd like to see it ported to some consoles.

The Wii is a perfect fit for FPS, but if its supposedly crazy graphics maybe the 360 and ps3 will be the only one that can house it.

But, who knows how amazing it will look. I hope they don't go mad and make the game so advanced, that its needs more then a common computer to run it, otherwise their screwing themsleves since it'll sell less. And plus, I simply have a standard run of the mill laptop, I don't want some slow unrunable game.

But, yeh... I hope Wii gets a port, that way I don't need to slow down my computer for a game.