Dual nand Corona issue

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by XboxIsLif3, Jan 26, 2018.

1. XboxIsLif3

XboxIsLif3 Member

Hello Assemblers! I have installed many jtag's and many more rgh's, but recently i decided to try the dual nand on my corona v3 motherboard.

The issue im having is that my secondary nand (a squirt 16mb) will boot xell but not the dash. When I try to boot to the main dash it just glitches for 5-30 seconds then just stops as if the HDMI is unplugged or something. If I flash that same nand image to my systems on board nand it will boot xell and the dash. I have a clean dump of my rgh nand and my original dump. Neither version of my nand shows any bad blocks in JRunner, but every time a flash to my squirt nand it gives me an error when trying to write to block 43, even when i try to flash through xell (when booting xell from the squirt). Im using the X360 ACE V3 glitch chip with 15432's SRGHV2 timing files for dual nand if that helps.

2. begallegal1

begallegal1 Spirited Member

I personally never used a squirt dual, but anytime I have errors flashing I recheck/resolder my flasher connections to the board and then run the nandpro erase cmd before reflashing again.
    nandpro usb: -e16
    or
    nandpro lpt: -e16

3. XboxIsLif3

XboxIsLif3 Member

alright i was thinking about erasing.. honestly if that doesnt work im htinking its just a bad chip since it cost me less then $10 from china.. worst case i will try a sandwitch style dual nand with the on-on switch.

thanks for the tip @begallegal1 :)

4. XboxIsLif3

XboxIsLif3 Member

i get error 202 when trying to erase block 43 on the squirt nand in jrunner, so i will have to check my points when i get home and ill check back in later tonight.

5. Falcon

Falcon psilocybin <3

throw the ace chip away and get a cr4 xl. ace chips go bad...trust me on this.

6. XboxIsLif3

XboxIsLif3 Member

I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately I sware by the ace chip. I have not had an ace go bad on me and I have used them in every slim I have done since 2015 (I used the ace V2R back then). I also have 5 more ace chips in stock right now so I don't mind replacing it if I have to. I mean 5 ace chips still costs less then a CR4.. also I don't mins tuning the system myself with a multimeter. IMO xecuter stuff is fantastic for beginners, but I have moved on to the matrix glitcher for phats and the ace for slims. Much much cheaper and it is reliable. Right now it's this squirt 16mb I'm thinking might just be a dud :(

7. Falcon

Falcon psilocybin <3

Reliable? LMAO. More like high risk low cost.....Xecuter chips are amazing, what are you talking about. You've probably never had an RGH with a genuine CR4.

8. XboxIsLif3

XboxIsLif3 Member

Xecuter chips are overpriced. They are well documented for installs which makes thwm prime for noobs or anybody new to RGH. Furthermore tell me about these risks with the ace, because in the 3 years I have been using them I have had zero issues.

Furthermore yes I have wasted my money (not my money) on a CR4 because that's what 1 of my friends wanted; and when 2 trinity's (1 cr4 and 1 ace) hit pretty much the same boot speeds then it's clear what the economic choice is. I have a multimeter, and everything I need for tuning.. I guess I would rather save money AND tune it myself with a multimeter. That's part of the fun.

Or are u 1 of those people that's just in the mod scene for profit?

9. ddxcb

ddxcb Gota J.T.A.G. That Xbone Yo.

Looks like block 43 is bad on the squirt nand. either remap it by hand or get another one.

ps dont ask me on how to remap by hand, dont have a clue.

10. wanszai

wanszai Rising Member

I hear you need a super steady hand and a really, really small pair of tweezers.

11. Falcon

Falcon psilocybin <3

guess what? i've used ace chips in the past. A few months ago i got a bulk of 10 ace chips and they all gave the poor xbox the 0032 error. Other ace chips i had didn't support CR4 speedup.
    Used a CR4 and everything ran smoothly, no bs CPU reset rrod code. It's all i use on slims now. Stopped buying shit v3 chips that are prone to failure.

12. L2000

L2000 (",)

This has nothing to do with his glitch chip , it’s a problem with the secondary Nand which happens to be a Squirt , if the erase command doesn’t fix the block then either replace the secondary Nand or get a replacement Nand and attempt a Nandwich. My guess is on a corrupted / faulty squirt Nand .

13. XboxIsLif3

XboxIsLif3 Member

OK can you send proof of this falcon? If not I'm calling bullshit lol sorry but I have been doing this long enough to know when someone is just blowing smoke. I don't feel like arguing with you about why the cr4 is a waste of money (for the most part)

Also I figured from the beginning that it was faulty hardware, just wanted to create a discussion about it. I have ordered some SMD 0.4 mm PCB's that can have a nand that I removed from another xbox soldered into place (cheap dual nand PCB). I will update you guys on how that turns out because I also just got my LTU2 black PCB for my 16D5S drive; but for now it's been put on the back burner.

But a little off topic I just built 2 xbox's (originals) with the 128mb ram mod in both.. does anybody here know anything about xbe patches? I got virtua cop 3 working and I heard that there was patches for morrowind, swbf2 and gta san andreas to take advantage of the added ram.. rumor or fact?