DTP-H1500 A PSP Testing Tool Firmware

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by BooBoo02, Apr 30, 2015.

1. BooBoo02

BooBoo02 Active Member

Hi guys, I have tried looking for files that may help in regards to upgrading the DTP-H1500 A's firmware but have not found anything. Also all the threads i have found on this topic are now outdated. I know there are people running firmware version 6 on their test tools and i would like to do the same. I read that in order for me to do this, i need to update the firmware to version 4, so then i can apply the version 6 update from memory card. Is this correct?? I have read that version 4 firmware is not available from Sony. Is this true? How do i go about getting the latest firmware for my DTP-H1500 A?? Is it possible for me to contact Sony and get the needed update cd's from them?? If not perhaps someone could inbox me with further information?? Also is it possible to run custom firmware on this testing tool??

2. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

Just update with the TT-A firmware 6.60 in the same fashion you would with a retail psp through the memory stick.

3. BooBoo02

BooBoo02 Active Member

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to get the TT firmware 6.60 but the testing tool does not see it when i insert the memory card. If i put the same memory card into my PSP 1002, the update is displayed (the icon for the update is displayed). I tried burning the update to a dvd but the drive might be cactus as i get an error about not being able to read the disc.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  4. Keberasky

Keberasky Spirited Member

You do need the version 4.0 disc update files in order to get to version 4.0. This version is the first version that added memory stick firmware updates. Fortunately this was distributed to a few members on this site. If you haven't found the post where this is, let me know and I can find these files somewhere on one of my backups.

As far as custom firmware goes I haven't seen anything for the testing tool. Most owners are little fickle about bricking their units I'm guessing.

BooBoo02 likes this.
  5. NO DOUBT GET LOUD

NO DOUBT GET LOUD Member

It would be really great if you could since I've been looking for 4.0 for a year to get my kit off 1.50. It should be fair game now that PSP is officially dead :)

6. aspect

aspect Site Supporter 2015

I'd be quite interested in this as well.

7. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

BooBoo02 likes this.
  8. XboxSurgeon

Fate, do we have 6.61 tt-a ofw yet?

9. fate6

I don't know but I'll ask around tho i'm not exactly a part of the PSP/Vita scene anymore so we'll see how far I get D:

EDIT: I asked around and was told that as far as they know there was never a 6.61 TT-A available to us on the outside.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    BooBoo02 and XboxSurgeon like this.
  10. BooBoo02

BooBoo02 Active Member

Thanks for this. Do i just burn to disc as i would if i was backing up pc files?? Also, does it matter if i back the files to a CD or does it have to be a DVD??

UPDATE: Just letting you know that i burned the files to a CD, just as i would when backing up PC files, and popped the CD into the DVD dive and updated my Testing tool.

Thanks again for the update.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    fate6 likes this.
  11. XboxSurgeon

Any update on 6.61 TT-A ? I know it exists, but it's another matter if any willing participant would like to up a link for the rest of us rare Testing Tool owners....

12. Sk8er000

Sk8er000 Rising Member

Hello, anyone has still got this firmware? I got my PSP test tool today but it's at 4.x firmware I'd really like to update to the latest fw released

13. fate6

SONIC3D and Sk8er000 like this.
  14. Sk8er000

Sk8er000 Rising Member

15. Sk8er000

Sk8er000 Rising Member

sorry to bother you guys but I've tried to burn the .pbp file on a cd and a dvd with img burn but the tool says "the disc could not be read" for both..
    Am I missing something?

16. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

You need to update to 4.00 first using a DVD so the memory stick icon is visible in the vsh, then you put the update on your memory stick in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE
    And update just like on any retail psp system.

Sk8er000 likes this.
  17. Sk8er000

Sk8er000 Rising Member

My system is at 4.50 already..I'm now trying the update!

EDIT
    update done thank you very much!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  18. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

Then you need to use a memory stick, your can't just burn an EBOOT.PBP file onto a DVD, it doesn't work that way.

I could recreate a 6.60 DVD update image for testingtool using the data.psp and data.psar from the EBOOT.PBP (I did that once for my DTP-T1000) if anyone is interested. (Although unless you are on a low firmware, there is no point as a memory stick is more convenient to use)

Sk8er000 likes this.
  19. Sk8er000

Sk8er000 Rising Member

I think it could be very useful for the community to have the possibility to update their tools to the last few released. There are some interesting features (like install pkg) on later firmwares.
    I've tried to search for a 4.00 image update but didn't found that, so having a 6.60 straight update for older firmwares it sounds great!

20. mathieulh

mathieulh Problem Solver

The 4.00 firmware as well as other tools/files is available in the following thread:
    http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/request-psp-sdk-dt-tt.57037/