DreamSDK R1 released

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by SiZiOUS, Nov 25, 2018.

1. SiZiOUS

SiZiOUS Spirited Member

So after almost 2 months of intensive work, I'm really happy to announce you that my latest project is done: DreamSDK R1 is out.

DreamSDK is a modern, ready-to-use environment for the Sega Dreamcast development designed for the Microsoft Windows platform.

Main features are:
    • Fast & easy to install: just double-click on the setup file and let the program install & configure everything for you.
    • Ready to use: All the required toolchains (for the SuperH & Yamaha AICA) are already prebuilt and ready-to-use.
    • Lightweight: Thanks to the MinGW/MSYS environment, the space used on the disk is minimal.
    • Configurable & upgradable: With the included DreamSDK Manager tool, manage DreamSDK components really easily.
    • Respectful of the standards: DreamSDK is 100% compliant with the KallistiOS standards and documentation.

This package has a very different approach comparing to the others packages of this kind. The major difference is that KallistiOS is not included: instead it's downloaded/installed from DreamSDK Manager, which is a tool part of this package. This will keep up-to-date your installation and will allow DreamSDK always be usable, as only the toolchains (SuperH & Yamaha AICA) are included (which don't changes often). In clear, doing so will give you the possibility to update KallistiOS directly from the DreamSDK environment.

Please also note that I'm using the official KallistiOS repositories (kos and kos-ports) and not my repositories (which contains various fixes on the build systems). The exception is dcload-serial and dcload-ip: I'm using my repositories as official ones will not compile on MinGW/MSYS without my fixes.

DreamSDK was built to be the greatest environment for Sega Dreamcast development on Microsoft Windows. I hope you'll enjoy it as much I enjoyed to make this package.

Download DreamSDK.

Note: This package contains only free & open source tools and libraries.

2. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Great work man!

3. Mrneo240

Mrneo240 Enthusiastic Member

have no use, but nice job

4. MastaG

MastaG Rapidly Rising Member

Great job my friend!

5. yzb37859365

yzb37859365 Spirited Member

Great. I want to download it, but I can't open the link.:(

6. SiZiOUS

SiZiOUS Spirited Member

Maybe you have an issue with bit.ly. Try the direct link instead: http://dreamsdk.sizious.com/

yzb37859365 likes this.
  7. yzb37859365

yzb37859365 Spirited Member

Yes, I can open that link and download it.

But I installed Syncro SVN Client 10.1 Python 2.7 (64bit), git later, the system will still prompt this, because I downloaded Python 2.7 (64bit)?

TIM图片20181126193137.png

8. SiZiOUS

SiZiOUS Spirited Member

Cool :)
    Please install the Python 2.7 32-bit runtime, as that runtime flavour is linked to the GNU Debugger (GDB) binary for the SuperH architecture (i.e. sh-elf-gdb).

If you want to install the Python 2.7 64-bit runtime on the same computer, please do the following:
    1. Install the 64-bit runtime first, and install it in a separate directory, e.g. C:\Python\2.7\x64\. Add it to the PATH variable by using the proper option (Add python.exe to Path) in the Customize Python page. This Python installation will become the default Python runtime.
    2. Start the 32-bit Python installation, and install it another location, e.g. C:\Python\2.7\x86\. At the Customize Python page, unset the Register Extensions option, like below. [​IMG]
    3. You have now both 32 and 64-bit Python runtimes installed.
    For the invisible Subversion Client (SVN), that means the svn executable isn't available in the PATH environment variable. You can check this easilly by opening a Windows Prompt (cmd) and entering svn --version. It should print something.

9. fry76

fry76 Member

Great :)
    I try to install it, but still got the pop up window tell me python 2.7.x is missing.

10. SiZiOUS

SiZiOUS Spirited Member

Thanks for the message :)
    May you please try to open a Window Prompt (cmd) and enter python --version? Feel free to post the results here!

Attached Files:

11. fry76

fry76 Member

I got:
    'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

12. SiZiOUS

SiZiOUS Spirited Member

Reinstall (or Change) Python, and add it to the PATH variable by using the proper option (Add python.exe to Path) in the Customize Python page. Note that you need to install the 32-bit version. If you want to use the 64-bit version for your proper usage, follow these instructions.

Attached Files:

13. fry76

fry76 Member

that did it. :)
    Merci beaucoup
    Your installation process it's very well done. Nice modern program

SiZiOUS likes this.
  14. Mrneo240

btw, just tossing this here for other devs and tinkerers. Having the PYTHONHOME environment variable breaks Unity WebGL compilation on any released version after 5.2.

(Not related but just in case you dabble in other game dev too)

15. SiZiOUS

SiZiOUS Spirited Member

It's the purpose of all of this :D
    Thank you for your precision, but I don't have this PYTHONHOME environment variable on my computer, and I have both Python 2.7 x86 and x64 installed.

Attached Files:

16. EmeraldX

EmeraldX Site Supporter 2015

What's the best way to get this running on Linux?

17. Mrneo240

SiZiOUS and TerdFerguson like this.