Dreamcast Year One Book KickStarter

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Jord9622, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Jord9622

Jord9622 Site Supporter 2014 Site Benefactor

Hey there! Wanted to share this new KickStarter sponsored by Tom Charnock (The Dreamcast Junkyard). The book is being written by Andrew Dickinson and looks very interesting. I'm most intrigued that it will provide a more UK/European perspective. Eager to check this one out, hope you are too!

2. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

OT but hasn't Tom left the Dreamcast Junkyard already? Not sure what does it mean he sponsored this KS?

3. Jord9622

Jord9622 Site Supporter 2014 Site Benefactor

Here is some info from the KickStarter page:

"We also have an 'Interview' section, featuring interviews with people prominent on the Dreamcast scene in the UK both then and now. We spoke with Caspar Field, former editor of DC-UK magazine for a first hand account of the Dreamcast launch from an insider perspective. We also quizzed Tom Charnock, founder of 'The Dreamcast Junkyard', currently the biggest online community of Dreamcast enthusiasts, about his experiences with the Dreamcast as a consumer in the nineties. In update number one we also unveiled that the former president for Sega of America, Bernie Stolar, would be getting the interview treatment too!"

4. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

The typography/layout looks nice and professional alright, but he has to learn to use justify...

5. Pazzard

Pazzard Member

Looks justified fine, but the columnsspacing is all over the place. There is nothing wrong with how the text is justified though to my eye.

6. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

I don't know what pictures you're looking at, but the images in the campaign section don't show justified text, they show left-aligned text.

7. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

"when games like Crazy Taxi catched my attention"

I suspect a proofreader might help - although that's just his narration on the video so the text may be fine - and yes, the text is left justified. Looks promising, regardless of our small criticisms.

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.