ASIA Dreamcast rare Illbleed (T.Chinese ver.)

Discussion in 'The ASSEMblergames Marketplace' started by SONIC3D, May 26, 2016.

1. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

Illbleed Traditional Chinese version.

Item state:
    Game disk:Used,like new.Kept well in all original protection film.Check pics.
    Extra 2002 calendar:Factory sealed in box.

Asked price: SOLD
    (5.25% Paypal transaction fee is already included for transaction to my Chinese PP account)

Location and Shipping:
    Item would be shipped from Shanghai/China.
    Worldwide shipping.
    Small air package may take 14-30 days to USA or UK and Poland.
    EMS may take less time.But price would be higher.

Introduction:
    This is a rather rare release.Only mentioned once in this post several years ago but mine is another copy.

As the above post asked.It's not bootleg. Legitmate GD-ROM(Though it shows CD-ROM on the back cover).
    Once released in Taiwan but stopped releasing after a really small batch for unknown reason.
    Subtitles during game play are in Traditional Chinese.
    Region:Japan only.
    VGA support:Yes.

Full album:
    http://imgur.com/a/kwgio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    DSwizzy145, DreamcastPL and DeChief like this.
  2. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

please change your pictures to match the forum rules please.

3. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

Thanks for reminding me.
    A picture with username has been added.
    =D

4. TriMesh

TriMesh Site Supporter 2013-2017

That's really weird.. I assume from the screenshot that the game in in Chinese? Because it has the same number on the disc (T-45601M) as the Japanese version...

5. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Why does it have two cd cases?

6. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

=), As I mentioned in item state,there is a case for game disc and another for calendar:
    """
    Item state:
    Game disk:Used,like new.Kept well in all original protection film.Check pics.
    Extra 2002 calendar:Factory sealed in box.
    """

DSwizzy145 and americandad like this.
  7. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

Yes,it's weird.
    But definitely it is T.Chinese version.Not the Japanese one.
    I took the picture with a real console.
    And it's GD-ROM,the ring edge between high and low density area is clear.

8. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    SONIC3D likes this.
  9. TriMesh

The number on the silkscreen has the -11, but the number on the back of the disc doesn't - and that number on the back is normally what's used to ID the matrix the disc is made from. I guess if they were only ever made in different plants then there wouldn't be any risk of confusion, but assigning the same matrix ID to two different masters is pretty unusual from a disc production perspective.

I assume the -11 would be Taiwan - the addresses are all in Taipei.

10. Druidic teacher

x

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  11. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

That would be weird since this disc is a Taiwan release. And Taiwan speaks Mandarin, while HK speaks Cantonese. So it's not a disc that could released in both territories.

12. Druidic teacher

Maybe they started using different suffixes for the Dreamcast:
    http://segaretro.org/Region_codes

-11 is Hong Kong for Saturn and Megadrive.

13. TriMesh

The point is that you can only make a finite number of stampers from a matrix - so if you have a long enough production run then you need to create another glass master and make a new matrix from that. Obviously, the new matrix will have a different serial number from the old one. Which is why normally I would have expected T-45601M-0658 and T-45601M-0756 to be the same thing, because they have the same product code.

As for the -11, well all I can say is that the addresses on the back of the companies that released it are in Taiwan. Maybe -11 means traditional Chinese, since that would work for both HK and Taiwan, despite the spoken language being different.

14. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

Looks like it turns into a discussion thread. :eek:

So here is my search result on this game,if anyone would dig more,it would be a good start:
    1.This version was once released in Taiwan.The news link can be confirmed here:http://www.fs-tvgame.com.tw/fsnews/20020104-3.htm
    2.I cannot find any info prove it was not released in HongKong or Macao.
    3.For the region code "11",maybe the localization company decide to aiming HongKong market first(for saving tax?),or it's just a merged regional publish management policy of SEGA.As HongKong,Macao,Taiwan are usually treated as a union region for targeting Traditional Chinese user.(Skip any politic related discussion here.)
    4.This is the only officially Chinese localized Dreamcast game in history.(At least I cannot find another one during the past 10 years.)
    5.Something terrible happened in publishing.Because even taiwanese has few people know this game once released.I think the sales department of the importer company should take the responsibility.Made this game rather hard to get.
    6.No cdi dump during the active period of dreamcast scene.Echelon has only JAP and USA release.Years later after this game released,there is a modded version based on Echelon JAP release,files replaced with this Chinese version.But the game would be halt at certain progress.Recently I found someone remade the cdi version and claimed the halting problem is solved.
    7.This one is definitely Chinese version.Japanese version contains totally different subtitle.Check the youtube video or the screenshot of JAP version with the one in my main topic thread.

屏幕快照 2016-05-27 12.05.55.png

15. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

***rise from the grave, necro-thread

I just found one of these for sale and was wondering if you could share how much this copy sold for?

Also - thank you very much for providing pictures and information about this release. I once saw this for sale on yahoo auctions and could never find much info about it. It's one of my most sought-after bizarre items, so I'm happy I finally found one. Didn't know it was fully localized either, I always thought it was a HK release that uses English/Japanese.

16. SaturnHST

SaturnHST Spirited Member

Weird release. Disc has "-11" region code (Hong Kong) but has Taiwan companies and addresses on the game case (Taiwan region code is -16). No official Sega logo. Has the "For Japan Only" mark.

This Chinese-language site lists it as Hong Kong region:
    http://bbs.chinaemu.org/read-htm-tid-96701.html

There's some brand new ones available on Taobao:
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...FOMBC1&id=536144296072&ns=1&abbucket=9#detail ¥199.00 (USD $29.93)
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...FOMBC1&id=549767921731&ns=1&abbucket=9#detail ¥539.10 (USD $81.10)