Dreamcast Internal VGA modification

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by RedDragunee, Feb 6, 2009.

1. earthshaker

earthshaker Member

I
    Actually I use the DC with an upscaler 1080 Marmiteck (my big LCD tv doesn't have the VGA port), but I also tried to use it directly to a smaller tv with vga and result is the same.. I also tried a different dreamcast by a VGA box.. same result.
    I think I will give up. T.T

2. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

You could send it off to be remodded.

3. Bearking

Bearking Konsolkongen

So you’ve tried two different Dreamcasts, with two different ways of outputting VGA, and even on two different TVs? That you’re seeing the same jailbars with all these possible combinations doesn’t make much sense :(

Are you using the same VGA cable? Maybe it’s an interference issue?

4. earthshaker

earthshaker Member

I modded.. so i am pretty sure of components and wiring. however I can try to remod it.. maybe a caps or diode is not 100% ok

I used 2 differents VGA cable, 2 TV (one has VGA, the other through an aupscaler), 2 JAP dreamcast (1 I modded with the mmmonkey guide, the other is normal but with a VGA box, the transparent one).
    It's a real mistery. However I have to mod other 2 PAL dreamcast, I will mod it and check if something changes
    I assume I have a ghost/spirit in my room who makes fun of me XD

5. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Did you replace the Dreamcast PSU for a picoPSU or similar? Cheap DC/12V power supplies can cause interference on the VGA signals.

[EDIT] Wait, aren't you the one that had this exact issue a few days ago and fixed it with a Gamecube 12v plug?

6. earthshaker

earthshaker Member

Yes it' s me, but the problem was different. That one was more similar to an interference, and thanks to your advices I fixed changing the brick. Instead these jailbars appeared even before the psu mod.
    However I really thank all of you for your efforts.. even if I wont fix the problem I really appreciate it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 4:02 AM