Dreamcast Beta's, Demo's, & Unreleased Games

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by atreyu187, Feb 17, 2013.

1. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

Anyone knows what are the build numbers and dates of the Half Life versions that were leaked & realeased? Thanks!

2. PacmanPlush

PacmanPlush Member

Only one version of Half-Life was ever leaked. The build number is 1672, and the build date is 16:01:20 May 23 2001. (http://www.betaarchive.com/wiki/index.php?title=Half-Life:1.0.1.3:DreamcastLeak)

Fatalist has a GD-R of the game that is dated May 15th (http://www.assemblergames.com/forum...Half-Life-Dreamcast-GamePro-Review-Scan/page3), no clue what the build number is. In that same thread you'll see that The Kron has a "next-to-gold" build of the game--once again, no idea what version number it is or what it is dated. While it is possible that The Kron has a slightly later version (the game was cancelled on June 15, 2001--long enough after the leaked prototype was compiled that there could be further revisions) it is equally possible that the source of the available prototype is from a disc identical to The Kron's, as he has stated that it was made available to reviewers.

I've seen a number of people claim to have a later version of the game that lacks the bloated save issue, but I have yet to see any actual proof. While it is possible that a later version is out there, anyone claiming to have a retail-ready pressed disc is almost certainly lying. A user here owns the case and manual, but no disc has ever surfaced. (http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?10133-Half-Life-for-the-DC)

3. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

Thanks for the detailed answer. I am in contact with someone who owns several GDR versions of the game, I just wanted to make sure they were different from the leaked/released ones.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  4. wombat

wombat SEGA!

Talking about Half-Life, it would be awesome if someday the multiplayer portion surfaces (since also that part was 100% complete).

5. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

What Multiplayer? I thought that was cut before it was to be released (I recall that being the reason I cancelled my HLDC preorder)

6. wombat

wombat SEGA!

The multiplayer was supposed to be released separately, a lil bit after the release of the single player game. A couple of years ago I ran into Randy Pitchford at a convention and talked for a bit with him about HL DC, and he told me the complete game was ready to ship as well the multiplayer portion.

7. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

GDI archive "Dave Mirra Pro BMX v0.800 (2000)(Acclaim)(NTSC)(US)(BETA)" seems like broken CRC or something...
    (i'm using lastest stable winrar and 7-zip tools)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Also there is a problem with two CDI files (attached):

Attached Files:

8. cheaterdragon1

cheaterdragon1 Rising Member

Hi, um is the Rush 2049 Demo working? I showed this thread to my friend and he can't get it to work. He uses IMGBurn to burn to a CD at 4x and has tried the disc on an NTSC console, and an NTSC console converted to Japanese. He says the Dreamcast systems just keep resetting themselves at the Sega screen.

9. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

You can look on youtube "fix self-reset dreamcast" or he can do this:

[​IMG]

10. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

Yes, the power board dirt is a classic problem. Quite easy to fix. I've done it two times along my DC life and it still working perfect.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  11. DSwizzy145

DSwizzy145 Well Known Member

Do you guys have any of the Dreamcast Generator volumes uploaded somewhere? cuz i can't find them anywhere! Thanks if possible :)

12. Colonel Conker

Colonel Conker Active Member

Is it possible that a the Dreamcast version of Drakan: Order of the Flame exists anywhere?

Obviously, it probably wouldn't be anywhere near complete, but that'd be so cool if it did exist in some form.
    However, at least I think there was to be a Dreamcast version... I remember seeing on this website in some post somewhere, a magazine scan of it from a Dreamcast magazine, or something like that.
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forum...and-beta-games&p=626306&viewfull=1#post626306 <-- right there, in that post. Ctrl+F Drakan - Dreamcast - unreleased (Consoles + 79) to get to it quickly.

So, is this one game that may never see the light of day? The Drakan series is pretty obscure, when I think of it. :eek:

13. neoblast

neoblast Robust Member

Thanks for this post atreyu!

14. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

I've had this problem, but it has evolved. The Dreamcast powers on but there is no av output. It shows the logo if I rapidly turn it on and off and sometimes even plays for a bit but then it either resets or goes black. Is this the same issue?

15. boom10ful

boom10ful Active Member

16. PrOfUnD Darkness

PrOfUnD Darkness Familiar Face

The link is not working for me...

17. rtw

rtw Site Supporter 2012,2015

I am one of the lucky ones who has gotten hold of Deunan's GDEMU. It is a very nice piece of kit, easy to install, easy to use and has worked on every game I have thrown at it.

The SD card makes any padding to the file system superfluous.

Propeller Arena loads blazingly fast and is a joy to play.

Since it is now possible to boot GDI images I was wondering if people would consider releasing GDI images of the betas and unreleased games if they exist ?

One item which would be very interesting is Half Life without downsampled audio.

18. RaZiel

RaZiel Enthusiastic Member

Half Life doesnt have anything downsampled or ripped it came from my GDR as these are my uploads. Just cant log into this account anymore as my recovery email is shut down and I lost the password. This is built just like the GDR down to the layout and untouched files.

19. rtw

rtw Site Supporter 2012,2015

Thank you very much for the info and sorry about the late reply, gmail has decided to mark notification emails from assembler as spam!

20. Blai

Blai Enthusiastic Member

Hi atreyu, will you upload more japanese demos?