Does anybody else have a Japan only retro collecting streak?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Xzx123

Xzx123 Robust Member

I think I started focusing primarily on Japanese releases for older games back around 2002 or so. I still buy domestic releases for new titles and the occasional older game, though.

Pinta77 likes this.
  2. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I got Justice Gakuen for PS1 from a local game store the other day, and the owner told me I'm the only person who ever buys import games there. I've gotten at least a few Japanese games there, all PS1 games I think.

3. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I just got the first rival schools today. I feel bad because the seller refunded me as we both thought it got lost enroute and he didn't bother getting a tracking number. So I contact him and tell him it arrived and I'm going to try to get him his money, I contact Amazon, and Amazon is like, His fault, since it was late, you can keep the game and refund.

So I went and bought a Famicom copy of Rockman 5.

but the Seller was super nice I want to do good by him and if I can't get him his money back maybe I can get him more business.
    Here's his storefront.

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A32FV60GQ8DG2G&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Anyway, Rival Schools turns out to be one of those games that 480i in the vs and loading screens and 240p in gameplay so it makes my Framemiester spazz out.

WHyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

4. abveost

abveost Robust Member

Japanese systems are more common than US ones where I am and I'm in Japan often so I have a lot of Japanese stuff. It's definitely cheaper. I've even found US imports in Japan for a fraction of the price they go for in the US.