Do you know the rarity of this game?

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by André Hansen, Jul 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. André Hansen

André Hansen Newly Registered

Hi,

After searching around a little I discovered that this game seems rare, but I don't think the information I could find is sufficient. Just found it in an old box today, and my friend recommended me to ask in here.

Has anybody sold or bought this game? It's the pal version.

Best wishes,
    André[GALLERY=media, 1231]Mr. Gimmick by André Hansen posted Jul 16, 2016 at 10:48 PM[/GALLERY]

Syclopse likes this.
  2. ESM

ESM Famicom Disk System

After doing a bit of research...Turns out, it's quite a popular game. It has a rating of 5/5 from many people. This game was also released on the play station.

"Gimmick! (ギミック! Gimikku!?), known as Mr. Gimmick outside Japan, is a platform video game developed and published bySunsoft, and originally released in Japan for the Family Computer on January 31, 1992. It was later released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in Scandinavia on May 5, 1993. The game was originally intended to be released internationally, however, likeUfouria: The Saga, Sunsoft of America did not approve of the game for a North American release due to its quirky character design. The only distributor that imported the NES version was Swedish distributor Bergsala, which sold it to the Scandinavian market in small quantities."-Various sources.

My conclusion is that this game is quite rare as only small quantities on this game were produced.
    Hope this helped :)

jamespoo likes this.
  3. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

It's not Stadium Events but it's somewhat rare I guess. There's usually a few copies on offer, but they're pricey. When looking for prices online, be aware there's lots and lots of repros of this - understandably, since it's a very good game - so make sure the listings are for the real cart.

4. redsox24

redsox24 Rising Member

I have never seen this game before. Gunna read up on it myself

5. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Everyone should know about this game, it's up there in the good games list for the NES. Repros are everywhere but the real versions get pretty pricey. It's a great game though, especially the Japanese version with the enhanced sound track.

jamespoo likes this.
  6. Cristiano

Cristiano Active Member

One of the best NES games ever (and expensive too). It's a keeper.

7. graciano1337

graciano1337 Milk Bar

Just listened to the OST. Really good stuff. I'd never even heard of this game until today.

8. Kallus

Kallus Seriously Serious Member

Hey, Sunsoft is there. That means it's a port of it or something. Also, Good music is also around whenever sunsoft is there.

9. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

It's a PAL port of the Famicom version, if you want to call that a "port" - i.e. not from a completely different system. And the music actually had to be downgraded a bit for PAL since it doesn't have the extra sound chip - but it's still good.