DMG01 original gameboy

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by somacast, Apr 6, 2019.

1. somacast

somacast Spirited Member

hi ,

wanted to ask about bivert of original game boy.
    Did the gameboy pocket all ok, but the gameboy itself is behaving weird.
    bivert chip replaced 3 times, but still its not so biverted, it worked fine a few times , but now it is faded and good range is very narrow, unlike before when i had good biverted display, recapped but no use, also rotated the polorize film many times..

its faded as if only backlight is used without bivert, any suggestions?

pocket is fine .. only the problem is here
    thnx

2. Madsmaten

Madsmaten Enthusiastic Member

Could you provide photos of your install? :)

3. somacast

somacast Spirited Member

well thnx for your reply, don't worry when ever there was a need for pics I added them myself without waiting for having to be asked for. you may refer to all my old threads to see that, i even added video links sometimes.

overhere there is no (install) to show, if you even read my detailed description above you would understand the case,

this is an ebay junk to make a backlit gb to add to the collection,

my personal judgement is that something is wrong with the side ribbon cable of the screen, as it sometimes worked.

its funny that the last time it worked i just went to have lunch came back and it wasn't working, maybe it was hungry too , no clue :)

so if you have any experience with similar scenarios then that would be great,

thnx

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019