Distribution e-mail sent!

Discussion in 'Sonic Xtreme Release Project' started by ASSEMbler, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho

Psycho We've gone plaid!

Just download all the other parts and use the PARs to rebuild 2.RAR. That's the easiest thing to do for people that are having problems getting that one file...

2. Twimfy

Twimfy Site Supporter 2015

No.

3. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Wait, so we cant post a Video? Youre confusing me assembler lol

4. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

What would be the point, anyway? Pretty much the whole thing is shown in the video ASSEMbler made.

BTW, ASSEMbler, there's a text file in the folder with my cover that says "100% hand drawn." It was actually made on my computer, not that it matters much. Anyway, excellent work man.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  5. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Here's what you can and can not do with the file

CAN DO - post pictures and videos on your site (I've done so already with a groovy remix audio track), write about it telling what ever information about the game.

CAN NOT DO - say where the video or images came from. Distribute the game in any way that's playable to others. Mention anything about the 0th bit section of ASSEMbler.

I think that just about covers it.

Yakumo

6. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Great, thats all I needed to know. I appreciate it Yakumo.

7. XxHennersXx

XxHennersXx I post here on the toilet sometimes.

am i the only one that can't get the game over screen?

8. negora

negora Spirited Member

Sadly, I'm messed up with much work. I hope I can give it a try and read this entire thread this weekend. Because although I've been able to get the ISO and covers I've no idea about what that PAR2 thing is, he he he.

9. smf

smf mamedev

fwiw I managed to rebuild part 1 & 5 using par2, which I was quite impressed about.

First I unrar'd all the files I had.
    Then I got the command line version of par2 and did: "c:\temp> par2.exe r xtreme.rar.par2" and it tested and created the other two parts I was missing. Then I used the copy /b command that was posted earlier to join all the parts into xtreme.rar. Then finally unrar'd that one.

I had a problem burning the iso, it didn't create a readable disc. However I was able to mount it with daemon tools on another machine at work, which worked fine with the latest ssf.

smf

10. Psycho

Psycho We've gone plaid!

If you've already got the ISO, you don't need the PARs... They are just to help you rebuild missing files so you can extract the ISO.

11. Muffinman943

Muffinman943 Spirited Member

press start A+B+C, and youll find out =P

12. negora

negora Spirited Member

SMF: Thank you for your help, although I already got the ISO and covers from the "basic" RARs. That's why I didn't understand the sense of that PAR files ;) .

Psycho: Also thank you for clearing my doubt :) . Wow, then that PAR utility is very interesting. Does it use some kind of CRC method? I'll have to take a deep look to that application when I've free time.

13. smf

smf mamedev

from www.par2.net

What is a PAR file?
    Parchive parity files (or par files for short) create redundant data that can be used later in case parts of the original data is lost or corrupted. Par files allow file level recovery of data. That is, out of a group of many files, if a limited number of files are lost or corrupted, they can be recovered. These files will have the extensions of .par, .p01, .p02 etc.

RAID works in a similar way, imagine the first bit of two files:

file1: 0
    file2: 1

If you have even parity then you'd have:
    parity: 1

even parity means that if you add all the bits up then you have an even number.

You can lose either file1 or file2 and still be able to work out the contents from the remaining files ( you could also lose the parity but thats obviously not a problem either ).

PAR2 actually uses reed-solomon codes, which are actually more complex than this. They are also used on audio cd's to correct errors.

smf

14. Crescent

Crescent Back from the dead

I had to use the trick Psycho said to bypass Hotmail's virus scan but I'm finally enjoying the game in the Saturn Emulator. Thanks!

15. Marv

Marv Active Member

Yakumo: Can you send the files to that email i sent in the pm. thx.

16. Muffinman943

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  17. cez

cez Site Supporter

Start and then C is enough. Just playing it on my Japanese Mode 1 Saturn. First time I tried the Swap Trick and it worked. Just great to be able to play this piece of video game history. Thanks again to all involved and ASSEMbler especially! :)

Edit: @Muffinman

Nice high jumps! So, how do you do it?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  18. Muffinman943

I had the autofire button on for "b" , so I am guessing you rapidly press "b" and then jump

19. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

question, the public release will be a vanialla unmodified un-hex-signed plain bincue image, right?

20. WindowsKiller

WindowsKiller Rapidly Rising Member

Don't believe that the files we got were all modified individually to be able to track down the person who would leak it. They aren't, we all got the same files. So the public release will be the same what you already have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.