Discovered some rare Nintendo Carts.....i guess?? Can you guys help me out?

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Nighty, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue

Indeed, but one would assume you would go to an EE with soldering experience to get some soldering done :)

Otherwise, he's just an amateur with a soldering iron.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. FoxZero

FoxZero Rising Member

How bout a cheap converter? Or has this already been discussed? Plug in the top, takes the PAL game to use as the region code and the NTSC game to play. Converter is large enough so that NTSC games (US in this case) fit with no problems.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before but I haven't read through this thread for a while. Just thought it would save the OP from doing any physical modding.

3. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

If he has a dumper, having hardware to play the prototypes is irrelevant anyways. You can simply dump the game and play it on an emulator.

4. Sunken

Sunken Member

Interested set! Lucky guy! ;)

5. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

Hi! Sorry, i was quite busy for the last weeks and had not much time for the Prototypes.
    At least i opened and photographed every Prototype - all working fine - all original Nintendo Stuff.
    The only ones which are not working until now are the Taito Corp Carts - i will try to remove the glue and/or clean the contacts and see if the retrode can read them. If the retrode does not read em, no matter how hard i try i will get a NTSC Snes and see what happens. Really Hope the Carts are not blank :-(

6. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

I just spotted something interesting on the Sparkster Prototype.
    The Sparkster sticker ( SPARKATER SAMPLE RH040 ) is just a small Sticker that covers the previous print that was on the Cart.
    the previous print is slightly readable:

T.T.A. ACME ALL-STERS

TTA is for Tiny Toon Adventures.

That game was just released for Sega Consoles wasnt it??

7. piplup10036

piplup10036 Gutsy Member

No they had that on SNES as well.

8. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

Wow thats a incredible find !

9. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

Any updates? Did you find anything interesting with differences and stuff?

10. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

Not very much new stuff to report - i found a difference in Castlevania Legacy of Darkness.
    Retail PAL Title Screen says 1986 2000 Konami
    My Proto Pal Title Screen says 1986 1999 Konami

Well, thats definetly NOT the PAL Final/Retail Code.
    maybe there is some more...?

11. piplup10036

piplup10036 Gutsy Member

12. beepboop

beepboop <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

If he did, I'd be glad to take that Wideboy off his hands. :p

13. badinsults

badinsults Peppy Member

No, that seller got is stuff from another source. There is a thread about it on Digital Press.

However, it does appear that Nighty is selling his prototype of Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss.

14. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

Hi Guys!
    Youre right badinsults, that is my Vampires Kiss Prototype on ebay. The other two Auctions are not mine.
    As i said before, i wont start collecting prototypes so all of my Prototypes are for sale. Even the wideboy ;)

15. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

Taito Carts are all working fine - tested them with an Adaptor.

16. Gamesquest1

Gamesquest1 <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

I have actually seen another vampire kiss proto pal cart on eBay in a bunch of games a few months back the listing was removed early as he was told that it's was a prototype and not just had the label removed as he had listed it, so nit really the only one in existence :p

Nit sure what happened to that though I asked him how much he was looking for and he said he was going to be busy for a few Week's and would realist at a later date......he never did though, probs got a big offer for it off someone,

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  17. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

"I did not check the Prototype for any more differences to the final / retail version of Legacy of Darkness."

For $25,000 you would think he would check to see if there are any differences, aside from the date on the title screen. Something tells me it IS the same as retail... which would make that one hell of an overpriced proto cart.

18. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

He is well aware of the fact, a lot of people told him and some people even ask him to dump the cart in order to compare the code. He obviously has no desire/time/knowledge to do so. I don't blame him, if he wants to make some cash good for him, haters are gonna hate... I do agree however that the price is completely off the wall and giving more details/information about the so called prototypes would help a lot any potential buyer willing to make an offer.

19. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

Insert proto cart - play game.

Insert retail - play game.

If he doesn't have the retail, download an emu and rom (both of which he could download on a dial-up connection)

I would bet pretty much everything I own that the cart is identical to retail... except for the date. For $25,000 just about anyone would have the time and inclination to compare the two. He's just waiting for an idiot (who'll never come) to snap it up - or hold out for the best offer. Either way, yeah, ridiculously overpriced - he'd be lucky to get $250 for it.

20. skarpo01

skarpo01 Peppy Member

I hear you but he hasn't done it so far which means I highly doubt he is going to do it at some point... Anyway, I'm just super curious to see how much the items are going to sell for.