Discovered some rare Nintendo Carts.....i guess?? Can you guys help me out?

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Nighty, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

Found some rare Nintendo Carts?

Hello everybody, i just registered myself here because i found your site while i was doing some research for some unusual Nintendo Cartridges i got my Hand on today.

I really would need an expert opinion on them, because i never seen any of those till today and to be honest i really dont know whats the Value of them.
    So i would be very thankfull for any opinion!
    Of course i know that hole in one golf and the other labeled games are NOT rare ;) Earthbound is not to bad.... but i am asking for those strange beta carts or whatever they are.

Sorry for the very large Pictures...
    Thanks a lot!!

image.jpeg image_7.jpeg image6.jpeg Image8.JPG

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    Gilgamesh likes this.
  2. stevo9389

stevo9389 Plays It Loud

Sorry, I cannot help you on rarity but I have to ask what those 4 carts are in the 2nd picture that are turned around are as well as the one next to Space Invaders that is covered up by EarthBound.

3. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

I cant tell right now because i dont have them yet, I bought them today online and i will receive the games in a few days... The seller will send them tomorrow

4. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

I am interested on whats is on the n64 cartridges as that will determine their value. The wideboy 64 generally goes for 250 usd. The earthbound snes carts will fetch a very pretty penny if the have differences from the final game. If they don't have differences they will still fetch more than the retail.

Btw welcome to the forum.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  5. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

Thank you for your answer! Cant tell right now whats on the n64 carts one says, Castlevania Legacy of darkness which could be quite interessting i think? I read that these developer cartridges cant save the game data more than a few hours? So i guess they should all be blank / no game ? Or did i get this wrong?
    What about the biker mice from mars demo cart is that thing rare and how are these snes carts like Earthbound called? Beta Versions?
    Sorry total newbie on those stuff

6. MYCRAFTisbest

MYCRAFTisbest Peppy Member

No. They all have game data (probably). There reflashable and after many many years, things like sunlight can erase the games info. However, most of the games should be fine (if any are even damaged).

The games might not be able to save gameplay data though because they were used to test levels rather then play the game.

P.S. Where did you get those?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  7. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Just going off the fact they all appear to be PAL protos, they're all likely not different from the final in any aspect besides localization, since they all came out after the original JP releases. But they could still get some pretty good prices if you sell them!

8. MYCRAFTisbest

MYCRAFTisbest Peppy Member

That is a good point. It also means that the games will only work on a PAL (Europe) console if you plan to play them Nighty.

9. alecjahn

alecjahn Site Soldier

Got excited when I saw Rakugakids since it wasn't released here, but then I looked it up and it did come out in Europe.

Still - excellent haul! Good stuff.

10. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

Thanks for all the answers so far. I am from europe but i dont really plan to play them. Maybe keep em in my collection or i will sell them. Dont know yet.

I bought them from a guy which sold me other Nintendo stuff a few weeks earlier - he discovered them while he cleaned up the apartment of a person which died in an accident. Seems to be that he was a collector. He got all stuff for free - he could keep everything inside of the apartment because the landlord didnt pay any money for the cleaning work.

So he sold me quite a lot of stuff for cheap - i was just lucky getting that connection.
    Poor collector anyway :-(

11. Galdius

Galdius Enthusiastic Member

Excellent haul.

I'm curious to know if Biker Mice from Mars is japanese or european, because it's written Super Famicom and Super Nintendo on the cart.

12. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

The final release didn't get japan. Doesn't mean there isn't a proto.

13. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

So because i never saw or had any prototype cart - i dont have any exporience with it at all. Can anyone give me some advice how i can check those games if they are any different to the final version? I guess there is anorher way beside of just playing the whole game, and if i decide to sell them, where should i offer them? Ebay?

thanks a lot for your help!

As soon as i get the whole Bunch of Carts i will make new Photos and post them here. The seller told me today that there are quite a lot of " Non Labeled " Super Nes cartridges in the Package he is sending to me ( so i guess he means those Prototype Games ) :love-struck:
    Well i dont have any expirience at all with these Carts, so can anyone give me an advice how i can find out if the Games are any different from the Final Retail Version?? I guess there should be another way beside of payling every single Game to the End?
    Also, IF i decide to sell them - where would be a good Place?

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
  14. Shane McRetro

Shane McRetro Blast Processed Since 199X

Wow! That's looks to be quite an impressive find! :smile-new:
    And that's the way I want to go, buried up to my neck in Sega prototype / sample carts...!
    Dumping the games is a great way to compare them to retail versions, if the bytes don't match - there's differences! :topsy_turvy:

15. darkado

darkado Rapidly Rising Member

impressive lot, can't wait for the development of this thread.

16. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

I am also very curious what i will get :applause:

So what do you think? Should i buy a Retrode with the N64 Adapter right now?
    Maybe they are all Final Versions with no differences at all..... but only one way to find out i guess?
    Is it worth the Investment of ~ 100€ ?

17. olivieryuyu

olivieryuyu Robust Member

Hello :)

1) what are the game in question? we can only see few of them
    2) a Gameshark is more than enough to dump N64 protos. Contact me if you wanna do so.

Olivier

18. Nighty

Nighty Active Member

Hello Oliver, i dont know more than you what games are in question. I will receive the games in a few days, then i can say more. The Photos above are those the seller sent me.

So isnt every Proto worth dumping? Thanks for your offer with the gameshark. Ill contact you soon.

19. Prometheus

Prometheus Site supporter 2016

Did the seller say what the N64 games are?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess not.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  20. olivieryuyu

olivieryuyu Robust Member

well you cannot know what is worth till they are dumped and checked out :)

Sure i can help out if needed for GS. I am quite the perfect person for that actually :)

I guess few of them will have some differences with the retail version and it is always a nice stuff to see.

Honestly you have 2 choices here, either dump and release to the n64 lovers (which i am part of) or sell them back with a little profit.

My advice is to release to public, it is always a nice tribute to all people who loves this console. But it is your choice of course :)