Difference between Everdrive MD and Everdrive MD v3

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by haynor666, Jan 14, 2014.

1. haynor666

haynor666 Spirited Member

I spotted new version of MD Everdrive but besides some basic info I don't know what it improves over old version. Any games that didn't work on V2 and work on V3? Is it flashing faster?

Does this version will pass US region protection from Tempo 32X on EUR 32X addon?

I see battery on new version? Why it's installed? Is it previous flash not good enough?

Is it fixed version of Monster World IV still works and saves?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

'New version of cartridge has better compatibility with Chinese clones, improved user interface, cartridge hardware was improved as well. New cartridge allows to go back to the menu after reset, the cart can play multi game ROMs. EverDrive-MD V3 loads the OS directly from SD card at each startup, instead of flashing OS to internal flash memory, it allows to avoid possible damage to the cart during an OS update.'

3. haynor666

derekb, this already I already know from krikzz site. I'm asking users what experience they have with new version like compability with certain games.

4. haynor666

From Krikkzz forum now I know why SRAM has been used.

5. Greg2600

Greg2600 Resolute Member

Somewhat cleaner menu, and return to menu on pressing console reset.

6. haynor666

That already wrote krikzz on his site. Do You have it? Is it better working than v2 like faster loading, faster boot? More compatible with games than previous version?

7. Greg2600

Greg2600 Resolute Member

I had a v2 for many years, and sold it to a friend, buying a v3 recently. Both load really fast, in my opinion, this one is faster. I don't think compatibility changed at all. It plays every Genesis game officially sold except Virtua Racing. Both play every prototype rom I've ever tried. I personally got it for reset to menu, I love that feature on any flash cart.

8. MarioMania

MarioMania Active Member

Can V3 work with the RetroGen Adapter for the SNES/Retro Duo?

9. Chewieshmoo

Chewieshmoo Spirited Member

Pretty sure the issue is with the RetroGen Adapter hardware and not the Everdrive.

10. haynor666

MarioMania, since compatibility with chinese clones has been improved it might work.

I've revisited entire GoodGen 3.21 and so far (50 % tested) none of favorites (excluding games that I already own on original cartrodges) refuses to work. Even all chinese games that tested so far works.

As I don't care about reset or improved menu I think I'll stay with v2.

11. BlockABoots

BlockABoots Gutsy Member

Hmmm so whats the reasons for getting a Mega EverDrive over the new EverDrive 3.2 now then??