DIE HARD 64 ROM

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by 10ahu, Aug 30, 2017.

1. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Thanks for all the help and info. I'll be giving these a shot tonight on Mupen64. Very excited.

I don't know why I didn't check that. Thanks a bunch. It works best on PJ64 for me. Mupen64 isn't bad but PJ64 is more stable.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Spaceman likes this.
  2. radorn

radorn Rising Member

Thank you very much!

3. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Thanks so much for sharing this with the world! Really means a lot to everybody here!

4. radorn

radorn Rising Member

I've been trying out these protos, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed with them.
    I probably had seen this in magazines back in the day but I don't remember it. I do remember, however, the GC version, which I had also seen in the press. I bought it pretty much blindly because GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, and Turok had made me a FPS junkie... and I have to say, DH Vendetta was a huge disappointment for me.
    This N64 version, however, even in it's very unfinished state, looks like it could have been a very good game. Graphics look really solid and full of effects. Performance is very uneven, but I'd attribute that to the unfinished state of the product. Sometimes it feels very steady and smooth, then a couple enemies show and it dips down more than it should. But not all levels behave like this, so I'm sure there's highly unoptimized code there causing that.
    Controls are quite annoying to me, particularly not being able to invert the vertical axis, and not being able to look up and down outside the precission aiming mode. Also, A and B functions are switched compared to GE/PD, which always confuses me. You'd think they would adhere to the standard set by them, but no...

As always, another cancellation of a possibly great game for the N64, the tragic console :(

retrovgm likes this.