Did PS2 DSNET commands ever got a Win32 release?

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by the7thchild, Apr 16, 2018.

1. the7thchild

the7thchild Rapidly Rising Member

I think my Windows based development VM is well built now. It has ProDG and VSI integration necessary for code running. However, it doesn't have dsecons and other dsnet commands needed for some program like the HDD shell sample. Anyone knows if there was a win32 release for dsreset, dsedb, dsecon etc....? Thanks!

P.S. I found a dscons.exe in the Kermit PC tool by SilverBull, but it doesn't allow keyboard input?

good likes this.
  2. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Wait... you're using a VM to run the Windows tools? Why not just go straight with Linux if you want those tools?

I don't know if there were official ports of the dsnet stuff because Windows had Codewarrior etc, which I think do offer DECI2 debugging functionality (not sure though).
    The PS2SDK was meant to be used with Linux, so perhaps that is why you see the README files mentioning things like dsedb.

3. the7thchild

VM is mainly for optimization and compartmentization. ProDG for PS2 works best on Windows XP and the DTL-T14000 control software cannot work on Windows 7+.... While PS4 sdk requires 64 bit OS... So I decided to build a separate VM for each of the SDKs.

I have Ubuntu VM built for PS2SDK, however it does not have something like Visual Studio for code editing and easy code running. I have found a way to run Linux elfs on PC and the problem is fixed. Thanks a lot~

4. jollyroger

jollyroger Gutsy Member

Hmm, I had the 14K tools run perfectly on Win 8.1...

5. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

If you're using Windows, are you using the Codewarrior stuff? Shouldn't it support the T10K?

6. the7thchild

ha.... The Kermit ports of dsreset, dscons and dsfilesv are functional, after some time of investigation, the syntax of dscons is:

dscons -d IPaddress e0