DevLink 1.0- System link retails with devkits!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Development' started by LEo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. LEo

LEo Fiery Member

2. EazyB

EazyB Rapidly Rising Member

It works.

3. KIWIDOGGIE

KIWIDOGGIE Peppy Member

4. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Fallens description of the guy reminded me of that scruffy guy who steals everything on My Name Is Earl :D. Needless to say I think use of mexican was a bit out of hand.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  5. Krypton_VII

Krypton_VII Peppy Member

I think everybody is pointing fingers way too fast..

Yeah anthony had made his solution after Fallen made his, but Anthony did talk to me about doing it before then, and he described the process and how easy it was. I know Anthony fairly well, and he's done some stupid shit in the past, but this isn't part of that.

So maybe yeah he did it after Fallen did it, and sure maybe he even finally got the motivation to do it after hearing that someone else did it. But he didn't steal any code, and to jump to conclusions this fast is quite unfair. If he was intelligent enough to do it on his own, he should be allowed to release it on his own, because it's his work, and it doesn't hurt anyone else. Had it not been his work or it had potential to hurt others or Microsoft, then sure, I understand why people would be upset..

Now I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I'm just saying, to make a private mockery and have your own thoughts, I get it, but to make a public mockery based off so little knowledge about the subject itself.. And to jump to conclusions guys..

Shit's kinda ridiculous.. Lay off on the guy..

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  6. Alec

Alec Site Supporter Since 2010

I'd like to see an 80ms patch as well.

7. Does_anyone

Does_anyone Gutsy Member

What's the concept behind this?

8. ExcruciationX

ExcruciationX Active Member

I actually just tried with Reach, and couldn't connect to anybody. :3

9. TheFallen93

TheFallen93 Spirited Member

Yes they can... I did it when I was testing my patch.

10. Does_anyone

Does_anyone Gutsy Member

Was just talking to Anthony about the simpleness of this, I'm really surprised none of us tried this before..

On another note, glad to see Anthony on the other side of things..

11. gabe_k

gabe_k Rising Member

Nope, retails.

12. KIWIDOGGIE

KIWIDOGGIE Peppy Member

This patch, works with Retail's (Slim/Jasper/Falcon/Whatever). On the latest Production flash 9199 (These box's are LIVE boxes). You just need to run this patch, or Fallen's patch on a devkit and then it will allow system linking with said retails. I have tested it with a Xenon(Dev)/Jasper(Retail) combo while in a party with Fallen.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2010
  13. Cancerous1

Cancerous1 Rapidly Rising Member

retails/jtags ? Just to clarify because this thread is starting to get confusing, retails can't connect to anyone (unless by some miracle they have less than 30ms ping) but anyone with a patched xdk, or jtag can connect to them.

On the subject of these patches I tested the FSD variant and the xdk's could connect to each other and jtags on xlink just fine.

Is it safe to say that both the FSD patch and theFallens patch both work? What's left unsigned code/unlicensed content?

Is it also possible that some games have a separate ping limit built into them at the game layer maybe intended for live or cross-platform(not reach)?

14. Krypton_VII

Krypton_VII Peppy Member

XEX checks are in the kernel and HV. This is a kernel edit only. HV must be exploited to be edited as such. And I mean, it's possible, but it'd be specific for a recovery if the HV is updated frequently.

In terms of unlicensed content, I know the HV checks something in regards to packages, but I'm not sure if it's licenses. I know you can edit the LIVE/PIRS header checks out of the kernel though, as I've done so before.

15. lllsondowlll

lllsondowlll Fiery Member

To clarify on long distance system link
    1. Retails can host but not join
    2. Jtags can and will be able to join assuming they have dashlaunch
    3. Devkits have no ping limit, they can and will be able to connect to retails or jtags or other devs assuming it is running anthony's xex.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010