Deadlands (PS2)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Dot50Cal, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Anyone here interested in this title? I've come across a build of it and am willing to give info about it if someone is interested.

Edit: Download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGFN0QR3

Please provide mirrors!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  2. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

You know I am ;)

3. Haruglory

Haruglory Spirited Member

I am too, I wasn't aware that a PS2 version was also planned (thought it was PC & Xbox exclusive). Fan of horror games so... quite interested too ^^

4. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Was it released for any platform?

It seems they were still officially looking for a publisher, but this disc is branded Acclaim, so it seems they had signed a contract with them.

Its labeled Tech Demo, and contains the only level thats been shown in the screenshots around the web. Im a bit hesistant to do any more work on this myself, especially after checking out the discs contents which contain a whole lot of confidencial docs.

Thing I find most funny is it has a bit about being fingerprinted to a person, but I doubt they can use this against the person as all this stuff was auctioned off when Acclaim went under. So a release will come soon, when Borman can review it properly.

He should have the time to do a proper review since Im a bit preoccupied at the moment with other things.

Anyone care to offer hosting that wont get either of us in trouble? *looks towards Jurai*

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  5. Haruglory

I can host files, it depences of the size of it, and of the wide of the distribution (only files area of the forum is ok, more would not be possible ^^).

Apparently it haven't been released on any platform. Not much information have been released about the game : some screenshots and that's almost everything. No official site.

When I searched informations about the developper on IGN, I found that it have been liquidated in february 2006. So I think you won't have any trouble if you release stuff about Deadlands...

http://games.ign.com/objects/027/027107.html

EDIT : Apparently, their last game have been Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth : it has some commonpoints with Deadlands, so maybe Deadlands has evolved in Cthulhu...

6. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Ah interesting, I didnt think the dev went under. It seems the game was based off a trading card battle game? heh. Seems the creators are still around.

Looks like they also planned a series with it:

Hmm, Ill see if I can get a video up on youtube or something when I wake up tommorow. Will post the link here and maybe someone who's played Cthulhu can comment on any similarities.

7. Haruglory

Would be great to see a video of the game. Can you say how old is the proto you have ? Is it advanced in it's development or does lots of things are missing (sound especially) ?

8. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Well its labeled Tech Demo, so my guess is they didnt get very far into development. The cutscenes are horribly basic. Sound effects are stock (though what acclaim game doesnt have the same damn sound effects from 1980?)

Some train crashed and I found my way to a bridge where some mist blocked my path. I then fought 99999999999999999999999999999 enemies and realized I wasnt doing something properly or, since the game is a proto that it wasnt coded to go past this point :p

July 2004 (date)

Pic:

[​IMG]

9. Borman

Yep, Ill be covering it on my site :) Along with some more stuff hopefully hehe :) Look forward to that early next year.

10. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

You take too long >_<

11. Borman

lol dude Im here at school :p

12. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Its around 235MB, Im throwing it onto my HD loader right now so my PS2 laser doesnt die XD

Will have a youtube up within the hour or two.

13. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Minor update, I got past that point where you have to fight a whole lot of enemies. After getting inside the gate and attempting to use my crow powers (lol) on this totem pole the game crashed so thats where the video will end. High quality x264 coming (100MB) and a youtube to follow.

Theres six languages you can pick, however only English will let you begin the game. Theres Options, which let you set vibration on or off and Widescreen on or off. Extra's doesnt work. After starting the game this appears:

[​IMG]

Pressing select brings up the control scheme (some of them dont appear to work)

[​IMG]

If you die you get unlimited continues and spawn right back where you died with the same enemies around etc.

14. liquitt

liquitt Site Soldier

i'm also very nterested in this.

and if we can't find some host we could easily put up a proper torrent

15. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

Gotta use Google Video as Youtube has a 100MB limit and my file is just over @_@

Will have the high quality x264 link in a half hour, with the google video one to follow. It has a watermark on it (Assembler Games) so dont bitch :p

16. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

K, so it seems this will be the only video now. After the crash theres a jumping puzzle in which you have to use Triangle and L1 together for perform some kind of wind jump, Except they didnt code it in so you cant get over the gap. Maybe someone else can figure it out and post the solution here.

Ill be releasing the game as soon as someone can get in contact with me reguarding hosting.

Video is still processing on Google Video o_o

17. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

18. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

Deadlands Website

while looking through IGN on info for this game i came across official dead lands website . It only has Art and some info on the game as well as an email but here it is

http://www.headfirst.co.uk/deadlands/

19. babu

babu Mamihlapinatapai

Mirrored it:
    http://www.obsolete.se/mirrors/Deadlands.mp4

I can host it until the day I need the space for other stuff (and considering how often I use the space I could say that it should probably be save for many years ^_^)

edit: Fixed the address

20. Dot50Cal

Dot50Cal Moderator

I meant mirror the rar! Its the iso :p