Dead Rising 1 Beta release Whatever happened to it???

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by C.Redfield, Oct 5, 2013.

1. sabre470

sabre470 Site Supporter 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015

Dude, if you want to talk about being immature, have a look in a mirror, you'll get your answer. It's just a video game. I'm not questioning your rights as an individual, but while you are being upset about this there are people who are upset about being terminally ill, losing a child or not having food on their plate. I'm sorry but I have no compassion about your plea here. Just sit down and have a look at the world around you, I'm sure you can live another 6+ year without this game.

2. piratebox

piratebox Spirited Member

Im upset that the people who love 360 are acting like fools, why must you ruin our chances by crying about something that you dont have a right to own isnt given to you? i want alot of things but i dont just get them when i want.... please leave assembler alone without him we wouldn't have a lot of these great things we have.

3. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

What gets me is the "Assembler might be the only person with these".

Assembler is not some kid who went dumpster diving and found some CD-R's. What assembler has is going to be backed up in multiple forms. Something RAIDED, flash memory, archive grade optical media, stored in multiple places just incase of natural disasters such as flooding etc [which has happened to Assembler].

The issue is and always has been the issue of the Xbox 360 not being a dead system. THIS is where the problem lies. yes there's still risk in releasing data for dead systems but its amplified an awful lot by the fact the Xbox 360 is still in production.

I am 99.9% certain that in the past he has uploaded videos of a chop til you drop beta he owns(ed?). If anybody can back me up on that you need to shut up because you are calling the reputation of a trustworthy individual into question.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  4. skavenger216

skavenger216 Familiar Face

I also wanted to add that the sticky in the unreleased games section clearly says "no betas of current or next gen games". No betas for current and next gen systems has been a rule here ever since I joined.

5. piratebox

piratebox Spirited Member

This rule didn't stop other releases of 360 alpha or betas, those are still up and we haven't had any problems with that.

6. TheNew

TheNew Finally leaving it behind

^ ^
    | THIS |

7. kyleglor

kyleglor Spirited Member

if assembler invited you into his house and you noticed he had a twelve pack of coke would you assume you had the right to some of his coke

really id be happy that I havnt been kicked out of his house yet for continuously asking for his coke

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  8. XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon Site Supporter Since 2013

Yes and those were not approved by admin to be posted on the site. 360 is current generation, period and as such is not allowed on the site. Fact is, and someone touched on this, the down load link would find its way to other sites, re-upped to cloud storage sites and linked again and again and again. Now not everyone is into Dead Rising but even still its like offering anyone to walk into the Louvre and photo copy the Mona Lisa over and over again distributing the copies as they feel fit, sometimes for profit in their own pockets. This is what is at stake. Taking a piece of development teams hard work and whoring it out everywhere on the internet. Would I love to play it on my XDK, you bet your ass. But i can respect the fact there is a level of discretion on a release to avoid the game to be spread through the internet like wild fire with everyone pointing the finger back at Assembler as the man holding the spent match. *sigh, and exhale...*

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    skavenger216 likes this.
  9. bluexcell

bluexcell Spirited Member

This thread needs closing.

10. JamesMichael

JamesMichael Light Hearted Drunk

Seriously think this thread needs closing and leaving till the time is right for ASSEMBLER to re-open it when hes ready to talk more about it till then its just a waste of discussion.

11. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Or I could shovel more coal into the HYPE TRAIN

Wooo wooo all aboard!

We have a gentleman's agreement with capcom over previous issues.

You might be here a few years, but the site is over 15 years old. I don't expect all of you to know about or remember previous legal issues.

Capcom has a new dead rising 3 port out in September, which means their legal department is not going to appreciate any "noise" contaminating their release publicity.

Capcom is a company I respect, and I would never shit on the devs like people did with the Namco Splatterhouse leak, which ultimately caused the game grief
    and people lost their jobs. Some of those people at namco were site members, so it was even more of a slap to the face.

That having been said, closing the thread would remove the outlet certain overly enthusiastic people have for release.

Let me state:

I have several builds
    Discs are secure
    Discs are backed up
    Discs have been ripped on a JTAG
    I have no intention of sitting on the content forever

I will hook up the JTAG this week and film some video, so you can calm down and have something to examine and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    Wolfcarnage and skavenger216 like this.
  12. TheNew

TheNew Finally leaving it behind

See... EVERYONE so please PLEASE give assembler time and when he is READY to release he will, nagging him will only push those builds into a void, so again PLEASE respect Assembler

13. Stipo360

Stipo360 Dead Rising & XDKs

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  14. kyleglor

kyleglor Spirited Member

by that he means his intentions arnt to hoard the builds to himself he has intentions to share just the timing just has to be right.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  15. Sonny_Jim

Sonny_Jim Enthusiastic Member

What is it with people and their false sense of entitlement?

16. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

It's ok, people are just enthusiastic. I don't worry about it.

Tricky likes this.
  17. Stipo360

18. Stipo360

19. Meer

Meer Spirited Member

lol this thread...

20. C.Redfield

C.Redfield Active Member