DCHDMI

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by psydefx, Apr 4, 2018.

1. psydefx

psydefx Peppy Member

so now that dchdmi is available, what are the installation prices anybody know?

2. darcagn

darcagn Site Supporter 2013, Site Supporter 2014

Just got mine yesterday and installed it, it's truly fantastic, blows away VGA -> XRGB-mini -> HDMI like I had before. Running borderless in 960p to my 55" Vizio 4kTV.

It was not nearly as difficult to install as I had anticipated. Just needed a lot of patience and got it done even though I had an alignment issue with the QSB cable on the left side of the video DAC. Video came up but colors were off and there were streaks, even though the DCHDMI OSD showed full connection hearts. I reflowed the DAC connections and it's been perfect. Been playing around with the full library on my DCHDMI + GDEMU Dreamcast all day.

Absolutely love the ability to "swap video cables" via OSD now instead of getting up and flicking a switch (ala my previous custom XRGB cable). Also love that between the GDEMU and DCHDMI I can reset to game menu, reset to GDEMU menu, exit to DC BIOS menu, and do a full hard reset all from the player 1 controller. The DCHDMI OSD reset will also bail your lazy ass from having to get up to change games when the GDEMU X+Y+A+B+Start stops working.

$150 is steep but well worth it for anyone who's DC-obsessed like myself.

3. Nully

Nully Dauntless Member

4. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

I ordered one during round 2, I’m hoping mine is sent out soon.

5. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Damn, I can't really afford that right now (CAD sucks right now), but it seems so nice.

6. darcagn

darcagn Site Supporter 2013, Site Supporter 2014

That sucks, I myself considered buying extra to resell, but resell preinstalled in some consoles. If you're gonna mark up and resell at least add value to the product...

But the scalping shouldn't last long, as the next waves of orders come in. Chinese new year really delayed the whole thing by like a month, but soon the kits will be flowing.

Not to mention the whole hardware and firmware are open sourced, so the community can always make their own. Major props to chriz2600 and citrus3000psi for that.

I'm sure you'll get it eventually! Trust me, well worth it! I really could have done without the WiFi though, I wonder how much that added to the cost.

Now if only we can get that WiFi to sync the DC clock with NTP instead of asking the user whenever the battery dies... :D

-=FamilyGuy=- and Nully like this.
  7. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

I will for sure!

8. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

ordered mine in round 3, can't wait

9. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

MastaG and fafadou like this.