Custom Playstation 1

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by devkitgamer, Apr 11, 2018.

1. devkitgamer

devkitgamer Member

GamerNumber1 and Pinta77 like this.
  2. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

That’s an interesting space theme. They should have made one of the buttons a planet

3. devkitgamer

devkitgamer Member

I just received the console today and the case lid and the buttons are made of metal. This console just seems official because of how much work was put in to it.

Pinta77 likes this.
  4. stevo9389

stevo9389 Plays It Loud

It looks like they painted over some of the fuzz left by the original front pads. I mention this because while everything else looks professional the work doesn't appear to have been performed when the unit was new. I doubt it was anything official.

5. devkitgamer

devkitgamer Member

I guess but It's a pretty neat console someone must have put some work into making the metal lid and buttons. I wonder who L.Mike is. It's painted on the bottom right. Switched it on and makes whirring noise I think the laser need replacing.

6. smf

smf mamedev

I'm not sure I believe the cover story about it being given by sony for doing game reviews. It sounds like they knew that blue was the colour that was associated with that.

Are you sure they are metal parts? The lid looks like it's plastic with chrome paint to me.

I'd love to see pictures when you disassemble it to fix the laser.

7. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Intrepid Member

It's cool, don't get me wrong, but that is def not official.

8. dyer60

dyer60 Site Supporter 2013,2014,2015,2016

I have no information on it but it reminds of the airbrush work by an artist in Germany known as T Rachu. He did a number of Dreamcast's for Sega and he has done custom PlayStations as well.

http://www.topairbrush.com/airbrush-konsolen.html

Someone had some pride in it to sign it, I think that's your best line of enquiry to find it's origin. I doubt it's official but you never know.

stevo9389 likes this.
  9. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Intrepid Member

It's signed "L Mike" (Mike L??) on the bottom right of it.

10. dyer60

dyer60 Site Supporter 2013,2014,2015,2016

Yep that's what I meant by it's signed and that's the best line of enquiry. I was drawing similarities with T Rachu's work.

11. devkitgamer

devkitgamer Member

The buttons and lid are probably is chrome painted or something but had to replace the eject buttons because it had this weird hard grey stuff on it and didn't function correctly. Everything else in intact. The paintwork is very glossy. The laser is giving me headaches and pretty much tried everything but refuses to play any disks. When you close the lid it spins the disk for 3 seconds then stops. I've already replaced the motor and the same thing still happening so might just buy a replacement optical drive assembly.

Attached Files: