Curation on Everdrives

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by GodofHardcore, May 19, 2019.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

I learned right away having every game on one cart leads to a serious case of "WTF do I play?"

Also using the Random play feature on the Everdrive leads to a lot of horrible games being Randomly chosen.

So I'm at the point of figuring out "How do I curate this shit?"

The only Cart I have at the moment is an Everdrive X7.

All I've done so far is a folder for all Shmups for on the System, a Folder for everything announced for the Genesis Mini. Another folder with games from Metal Jesus' hidden gems videos.

The rest I'll need help.

So how do you curate your Flash carts?

2. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I have a GBA flash cart. The way I do it is like this: I include all of the games I own retail carts of, that way I don’t have to take all of them with me when I go places. Then I include any game I think seems interesting or that I’ve heard good things about. I find this method is better than putting the entire library on it, because it makes it easier to find things. I have several betas and protos on it, too.

3. GodofHardcore

Main Reason I have an Everdrive is for the Sonic Hacking Contest ROMs. Which are some of the most creative room hacks out there.

4. Mord.Fustang

Mord.Fustang Fiery Member

Does the Everdrive 64 have a "random play" feature? I'm assuming it doesn't but maybe I missed it.

5. abveost

abveost Peppy Member

You wouldn't have this problem if you were using floppies. For SD I just keep a separate folder or card for stuff I actually want to play.

6. Vosse

Vosse Well Known Member

Only put games you actually intend to play on there? It's the same with how I have emulators set up. I mostly keep stuff I own physical copies of front and center for the most part. And if I want to play something I don't own or a translation. I only do it one at a time.

But still deciding can be hard. I keep thinking I want to play one thing or another on PC for example. But i've got about 18/500 games of my Steam library installed and I have to tell myself "No you should finally play insert here that you intended to x amount of time ago. ;often years lol".

And with my physical games, books and movies,et all. That makes deciding hard too since there is so many. With flash carts/roms and what not it's somewhat simpler for my mind for whatever reason. But with other stuff I struggle.

7. GodofHardcore

Yeah in the case of the Genesis there might some Mega Drive game I never heard of, head to the system to play it, realize it's not on the cart and then have to find it in my back up sets.

which is also why I'm trying to get as familiar as I can with the Mega Drive Library to know what I might want to play down the line

8. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

You could put everything in a folder and just start going through them deleting crap you don't need. It takes a bit of time but that works too. You can use google/youtube to check out unfamiliar titles to see if you might be interested in playing them.

Or find lists people have done of their top games/favorite games and see if that reminds you of games you liked, or if you see titles you haven't played showing up on many lists maybe you will give that a try.